How can I get glowing skin in my 40s?
To get glowing skin at the age of 40 and over, you would have to incorporate into your skincare routine high moisture-binding anti-aging cleanser, tone your face two to three times a week, apply evening skin rejuvenating retinol serum with vitamin C, apply a mattifying evening moisturizing cream and make sure that your daily routine also uses a day moisturizer with SPF.
In simple terms, if you really need that glowy skin at 40 years of age, you must:
- Use a gentle (preferably Water-Based) Cleanser
- Use A Serum Stabilizer With Vitamin C
- Use A Toner
- Use A Moisturizer
- Use A Skin Clearing Serum
- Use A Daily Skin Lotion With SPF Protection
Taking care of your 40-year-old skin can sometimes be as simple as restoring its suppleness, a natural glow through a dedicated skincare regimen suited for a 40-year-old. While a glowing skin as you move from an over- 30 into 40 years of age can sometimes be challenging to achieve, with the best skincare routine to hand, regardless of your age, beginning to see a youthful natural glow return to your skin is truly possible than you think.
In this post, I breakdown an amazing skincare routine best suited for anyone in their 40s, and they are looking for the best way to rejuvenate their look by restoring a glow in their skin without breaking the bank.
But I also burst all of the myths you probably have heard about quick-fix skincare. Your road to glowing skin at the age of 40 surely starts with the best tools for the job and these tools are listed below for you to choose what works best for you skincare routine.
Step 1: Use A Water-Based Cleanser.
After a day’s work, do not go to bed without washing off all of the makeup you slapped on to your skin before heading off into your daily routine. By routinely washing your face with a gentle cleanser, you are giving your skin a chance to bind in the moisture it needs when you apply your evening anti-ager cream.
Hada Labo Tokyo Gentle Hydrating Cleanser 5 Oz - with Hyaluronic Acid cream facial wash non-drying free from fragrance parabens alcohol mineral oil and dyes (Packaging May Vary)
- One 5 oz tube of Hada Labo Tokyo (TM) Gentle Hydrating Foaming Facial Cleanser
- Super Hyaluronic Acid (TM) provides twice the hydration as regular Hyaluronic Acid
- Ultra-gentle hydrating cleanser washes away dirt, oil and impurities
- Sensitive skin facial cleanser creates a soothing soft foam and rinses easily with no residue
- Facial cleanser for sensitive skin is free from fragrance, alcohol, sulfate, dye, parabens, soap and mineral oil
The skin seems to do well at night when you give it a headstart, to that extent, I personally use an aloe vera gel cleanser which is the best water-based cleanser that does not over-stripe the skin of the essentials it needs to glow.
Step 2: Use A Serum-Based Stabilizer With Vitamin C.
In their good form, stabilizing serum with vitamin C is the best way to prepare your skin for quick recovery while also optimizing it for the protection it needs from environmental irritants and direct sunlight. It’s not your average cream or lotion, but I can tell you that an evening serum is what you need especially as you turn 40 years of age, your skin can benefit from a good dose of skin food packed in a vitamin C along with vitamin E.
emerginC 12% Vitamin C Facial Serum - Extra Strength Micro-Encapsulated Spheres + Brightening Complex to Help Address Visible Signs of Aging (1 Ounce, 30 Milliliters)
- The Vitamin C Key - Vitamin C may help address uneven tone and the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. This is one of the highest concentration vitamin C liquid gel serums on the market.*
- Superior Stable Form - emerginC uses three types of non-irritating, active vitamin C. This includes Stay-C 50, the most stabilized form of sodium ascorbyl phosphate on the market.*
- Antioxidants &Amp; Ginseng - The antioxidants in Vitamin C help fight visible free radical and sun damage.*
- Sustainable Packaging - Our new packaging contains sugarcane-based plastics as part of our continued effort to cut down on fossil fuel use and reduce our environmental footprint.
- Eco-Friendly Initiatives - Our offices run on 100% wind power, as does 80% of our product manufacturing. We focused on providing greener packaging and carbon footprint reduction. We've also partnered with PLANT-IT 2020 to plant an indigenous tree for every retail product sold.
Step 3: Use A Moisturizing Toner.
Your skin could use a potent toner as the best toners are known for being gentle and a good prep for your skin before you drench it with a good dose of moisturizing cream. Toner is predominantly used as a proper for the skin to effectively bind in moisture and absorb it in greater amounts.
[KLAIRS] Supple Preparation Facial Toner, with Hyaluronic Acid, moisturizer, without paraben and alcohol, 180ml, 6.08oz
$19.50 in stock
- Hydrates and calms sensitive skin post-cleansing and tidies the skin texture to smoothed while maintaining the optimal pH balance
- Plant extracts and soothing ingredients blended together for a calming formula, the non-irritating, super hydrating toner can be used for sensitive skin as well
- Faster absorption, enhanced hydration, Balance pH level, Calming formula, Non-irritation, 180ml, 6.08oz
- it is their viscous, essence or serum-like texture was what made them stood out from other toners in the market with main ingredients being beta-glucan, hyaluronic acid and centella asiatica that instantly calm & soothe the sensitive skin. In that sense, they are good enough to replace a serum from your skincare routine if they are layered multiple times using bare hands.
Step 4: Use An Evening Serum.
Your evening serum can be one you need to help your skin deal with uneven skin color, patchy bleached skin and sometimes when you need to target wrinkles and fine lines. As you turn 40 years of age, under-eye dark circles, fine lines, as well as age spots, are likely to appear, and that’s where you need an evening serum best suited for dealing with hyperpigmentation or any of these skin conditions.
The BEST Hyaluronic Acid Serum for Skin & Face with Vitamin C, E, Organic Jojoba Oil, Natural Aloe and MSM - Deeply Hydrates & Plumps Skin to Fill-in Fine Lines & Wrinkles - (1oz)
- SOAKS SKIN WITH PLUMPING HYDRATION - This ultra-hydrating serum teams botanical Hyaluronic Acid with Aloe Vera and Jojoba Oil to replenish parched skin with long-lasting, softly plumping moisture.
- ANTIOXIDANT BLEND TARGETS ELASTICITY - Heavy-hitting hydrators work in tandem with anti-aging MSM, Green Tea, Vitamin C, and Vitamin E to promote ever-improving firmness, texture, and tone.
- PIVOTAL LAYER TO OPTIMIZE RESULTS - With Hyaluronic Acid acting as a moisture magnet, this powerful serum locks in even more hydration when applied prior to creams and lotions, making it the perfect partner to power up your moisturizer.
- CRUELTY FREE & MANUFACTURED IN THE USA - TruSkin is Leaping Bunny-certified cruelty free–and all our products are manufactured and bottled in the USA for guaranteed freshness.
- EXTENDED MANUFACTURER GUARANTEE - Love it or your money back! If for any reason you decide this product isn't a good fit for your skin, we offer a 90-day money-back refund.
Step 5: Use A Good Day And Evening Moisturizer.
Your daily skincare routine at the age of 40 must surely incorporate a day and evening moisturizing cream. For the day moisturizer, you need to get one with SPF while the even moisturizer is likely going to be one with hyaluronic acid which is slowly working on your skin overnight, so you can wake up to a more supple and plumped up skin that is also glowing.
Body Merry Breakthrough Night Cream - Anti Aging Face Moisturizer w Niacinamide + Peptides + Hyaluronic Acid For Signs Of Aging (Wrinkles, Fine Lines) & Dry/Sensitive Skin - Perfect For Men & Women
- HYDRATE & REJUVENATE with our SILKY & TIGHTENING overnight cream : Designed to help repair & reduce signs of aging / roughness / dryness as you sleep - Our concentrated treatment has a thick whipped butter texture but spreads light like a serum to absorb quickly & deep into your skin to help plump & recapture your youthful radiance . Skin run dry / Sensitive or Acne prone ? Live in dry / cold climates? This formula delivers intense moisture , all the while remaining gentle & fragrance free!
- GENEROUSLY PACKED into a 3.4 oz bottle to bring you total control and hydration as you sleep, so even the most dry complexion will feel nourished and rejuvenated in the mornings after. Formulated with rich emollients to help firm and fill your face & decolletage for a smoother , brighter , & uplifted look . This hydrating lotion takes proactive action against time to help tighten the appearance of your skin for a powerful lift to erase the damage and damage from your morning , every night !
- STACKED w RICH & NATURAL INGREDIENTS like organic jojoba , Vitamin B3 + B5 + E , & Spirulina Maxima , all designed to boost your skin's moisture levels , combat uneven skin tone / dullness , & help improve its softness and elasticity to fight off the aging process and keep skin looking and feeling younger ! These timeless ingredients are nature's best resources for age defying skin renewal & this lotion is committed to uplift and stimulate your skin so that you're happy with your results!
- CRUELTY FREE AND SAFE: Our products are vigorously tested to ensure that they are safe and free from irritation for all skin types and hair types, but we would never test on animals - we love our furry (and scaly) friends! Our products use wholesome, all natural ingredients and gentle formulas designed for every skin type (sensitive / normal / dry / oily) and hair color (blonde / brunette / redheads / black / etc) to give you the best experience possible.
- 90-DAY MANUFACTURER GUARANTEE: We love our products and we hope you do too! All of our products are lovingly manufactured in the USA and backed by our 90-Day ( Money-back ) Happiness Guarantee. If you ever have any questions or if you’re not satisfied with your purchase, just drop us a line and we’ll see what we can do to help you Get Happy With Your Skin! This product is also VEGAN Friendly !
Applying a cream with hyaluronic at night is the best as any day lotion with SPF often interferes with the skin’s ability to absorb the hyaluronic acid compound.
Step 6: Use A Day Lotion With Sun Protection
Your skincare routines for any age is not complete unless you have a day lotion with sun protection all year round. Especially at the age of 40, caring for your skin routinely can sometimes feel like a chore, however, the flip side of sticking to the routine skincare as early in your age could save you agony and heartache as old age creeps on you.
Max Sheer All Day Moisture Defense Lotion (SPF 30), Ultra-Light, Anti-Aging Sunscreen for UVA/UVB Protection with Moisturizers and Antioxidants
- Beauty product
- This item is not a tester
- Packaging may vary
- Apply liberally 15 minutes before sun exposure
- Use a water resistant sunscreen if involved in swimming or intense physical activities where sweating will occur
Traditionally, you wouldn’t care about how you will age when you hit the big 40s, however after your skin enduring years of smoking cigarettes, wine, and sleeping with make up every now and then, chances are that your skin is no longer glowing at worst, you are not really looking your old self.
Reversing old age and maintaining a youthful look is probably one of many good reasons why you would want to have a well-planned skincare routine. If you are lucky like I am, being an under 40 who is still looking at her best, it is important to consider implementing a skin care routine fit for under the 40s.
How Does The Skin Care Routine For A Glowing Skin In Your 40s Look Like?
It has to be said, if you wear makeup, you should remove it before you go to bed, unfortunately not many people are into the habit of removing their make up before retiring to bed. This practice alone will put your skin on the back burner as makeup often clogs your pores, however, if you remove the gunk off your face, your skin feels at ease and glow again.
Cleanse twice a day.
Routine day to day cleanse of your skin will only benefit your skin as you increase the flow of collagen in your skin tissue.
Apply toner after your cleanser.
Skin toner has its way with the skin. In case you do not know, toner regulates your skin PH, this is the measure of acidity in your skin which sometimes due to some external or internal influences can force the body into a tailspin which forces it to over-compensate acidity production which harms our skin structure over time. Unfortunately, not many people know how to use skin toner effectively. If you use skin toner the right way, it will help you remove makeup and unclog the pores so that your body can breathe again
Moisturize your skin.
Moisturising your skin is important soon after you have just applied cleanser to your skin. This part is crucial in a sense that it will not leave the body fending itself. So if you happen to have a cleansing routine, make sure you make moisturizing your skin part of it.
Exfoliate once or twice a week.
Sounds straight forward and simple, however many folks get it all wrong when it comes to exfoliating out skin. Any successful exfoliating regime will require that you have the best products to help you exfoliate to the best of your abilities.
Wear sunscreen every day.
Daily lotions that have sunscreen protection is the holy grail of a glowy skin in your later years. Make sure you choose the best day body cream with SPF.
IN THIS ARTICLE LEARN ABOUT.....
- How can I get glowing skin in my 40s?
- Step 1: Use A Water-Based Cleanser.
- Hada Labo Tokyo Gentle Hydrating Cleanser 5 Oz - with Hyaluronic Acid cream facial wash non-drying free from fragrance parabens alcohol mineral oil and dyes (Packaging May Vary)
- Step 2: Use A Serum-Based Stabilizer With Vitamin C.
- emerginC 12% Vitamin C Facial Serum - Extra Strength Micro-Encapsulated Spheres + Brightening Complex to Help Address Visible Signs of Aging (1 Ounce, 30 Milliliters)
- Step 3: Use A Moisturizing Toner.
- [KLAIRS] Supple Preparation Facial Toner, with Hyaluronic Acid, moisturizer, without paraben and alcohol, 180ml, 6.08oz
- Step 4: Use An Evening Serum.
- The BEST Hyaluronic Acid Serum for Skin & Face with Vitamin C, E, Organic Jojoba Oil, Natural Aloe and MSM - Deeply Hydrates & Plumps Skin to Fill-in Fine Lines & Wrinkles - (1oz)
- Step 5: Use A Good Day And Evening Moisturizer.
- Body Merry Breakthrough Night Cream - Anti Aging Face Moisturizer w Niacinamide + Peptides + Hyaluronic Acid For Signs Of Aging (Wrinkles, Fine Lines) & Dry/Sensitive Skin - Perfect For Men & Women
- Step 6: Use A Day Lotion With Sun Protection
- Max Sheer All Day Moisture Defense Lotion (SPF 30), Ultra-Light, Anti-Aging Sunscreen for UVA/UVB Protection with Moisturizers and Antioxidants
- How Does The Skin Care Routine For A Glowing Skin In Your 40s Look Like?
- Remove makeup.
- Cleanse twice a day.
- Apply toner after your cleanser.
- Moisturize your skin.
- Exfoliate once or twice a week.
- Wear sunscreen every day.