Definitely yes, Cetaphil products are super good for your skin and they are highly recommended by dermatologists too because they contain safe ingredients that are good for all skin types, including the most sensitive skin.
The main ingredients found in Cetaphil are water, cetyl alcohol, propylene glycol, sodium lauryl sulfate, stearyl alcohol, methylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben.
And to appreciate each of these ingredients, you only have to look at how Cetaphil’s products are good for your face:
IN THIS ARTICLE LEARN ABOUT.....
- 1 1. Water
- 2 2. Cetyl alcohol & Stearyl alcohol
- 3 3. Propylene glycol
- 4 4. SLS
- 5 5. Methylparaben, Propylparaben & Butylparaben
- 6 1. Use Cetaphil Cleanser
- 7 2. Use Cetaphil Day Moisturizer
- 8 3. Make sure you apply sunscreen every day
- 9 4. Use Cetaphil Night Moisturizer
- 10 Cetaphil frequently asked questions
- 11 1. Who can use Cetaphil?
- 12 2. Why are Cetaphil products suited to sensitive skin?
- 13 3. What Makes Cetaphil Different from other products?
- 14 4. Can I use Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser every day?
- 15 5. I heard that Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser contains parabens. Aren’t parabens harmful?
Water is the safest most important thing we have in our world today. Cetaphil contains safe water.
2. Cetyl alcohol & Stearyl alcohol
These are the two types of fatty alcohol that are derived from plants (e.g., coconut) that work as an emollient, emulsifier and thickening agent. They help products have good spreadability.
3. Propylene glycol
This is an odorless, colorless solvent (PubChem). It’s one of the most widely used ingredients in cosmetics and personal care products. The FDA has classified it as “Generally Recognized As Safe” for food, and presumably for skin too.
Since it’s a humectant, it attracts moisture for the skin, while absorbing moisture in formulas which reduces bacteria growth to increase product shelf life.
This ingredient is what allows the liquid to foam. SLS is a surfactant and detergent, which means it removes dirt and excess sebum from your skin. SLS is widely known as a sensitizing detergent that irritates the skin.
At a high concentration, it strips away the natural oil and disrupts the skin barrier from functioning. Renowned cosmetic dermatologist, Dr. Leslie Baumann also says that prolonged use might lead to dryness, cracks, and dehydrated skin. However, despite being harsh, SLS is regarded as safe and is not detrimental to one’s health.
In Cetaphil, SLS is listed as the 4th ingredient, right after the hydrating cetyl alcohol and propylene glycol. This means that its concentration is really low, and its surfactant harshness has been compensated for by the hydration that comes before it.
This is why you may notice that your Cetaphil doesn’t lather up as well as other foaming cleansers. And that can also be of great benefit as it washes and scrubs really well, without leaving remnant impurities behind.
If you are new to Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, it is one of the most used ingredients in household products as a preferred non-volatile alcohol solution for its versatility.
In skincare products like Cetaphil, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate is added so it can function primarily as a surfactant, a skin-conditioning agent, emulsifier, and a lathering solvent.
Even in toothpaste and other trendy face washes, it will contain a concentration of Sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS) at the lowest possible. SLS is, therefore, one of the most sensitizing cleansing agents used in skincare products.
5. Methylparaben, Propylparaben & Butylparaben
These 3 ingredients are the preservatives, they preserve products to last longer. Many fear parabens because studies say it’s related to breast cancer, however, the number of parabens that are used in face products is so lower than those in the breast cancer studies.
So parabens that contain in face products such as Cetaphil are completely safe and will not do you any harm.
As you can see, all the ingredients found in Cetaphil are harmless to the skin, they are generally safe and good for all skin types. Just like all other products, Cetaphil may work for some but not for others.
The best way to definitively see if it works for you is to spot-test it on a smaller patch of the affected area and wait after washing your face and look for any signs of tightness in the skin.
If there are none, you’re good to go. If you feel the tightness, switch to another cleanser. Always observe how your skin reacts to any skin products in your regimen and don’t jump on the bandwagon too quickly, just because some people are finding success and take time to brag on the Internet.
Truth is, Cetaphil works well with almost all skin combinations, however, that is not a guarantee it will work for you!
Make no mistake that almost all skincare products come with insane claims that can sometimes sound too good to be true. No wonder that at times it’s hard to choose which is best for your skincare needs at least until you know the true benefits of the product.
But after using Cetaphil products, here’s what we found out:
- Cetaphil moisturizing lotions work by binding moisture to the skin and hence preventing moisture loss, which then helps keep your skin hydrated and looking good all the time.
- Cetaphil products are easily absorbed into the skin, meaning there’s no need of rubbing it onto the skin repeatedly. The quick absorption then provides the outer layer of the skin with long-lasting hydration, even in harsh weather conditions the skin is hydrated and protected.
- Cetaphil lotions will form a protective layer onto the epidermis of the skin that will protect the inner layer and improve it as well.
- Cetaphil products are fragrance-free which is awesome for those with sensitive skin and other skin problems such as eczema, psoriasis. A fragrance that contains in some skin products tends to irritate the skin.
- Cetaphil lotions are uniquely formulated for dry and sensitive skin, it is also very safe to use it on babies with sensitive skin or rashes, the lotions will hydrate the skin, making it look healthy it look healthy and smooth.
- Cetaphil products are non-comedogenic, this property makes them good to be used by individuals with oily skin or acne because it does not clog pores and will not cause breakouts as well.
- Cetaphil products are light on the skin and they easily get absorbed into the skin as well without a build-up.
We all want healthy looking smooth skin because it makes us have confidence, we know that we look good and we feel good as well, yes there are a seemingly endless array of products, tools, and treatments, a healthy Cetaphil skincare routine doesn’t have to be a complicated one.
Here’s a Cetaphil skincare routine to achieve beautiful skin:
1. Use Cetaphil Cleanser
Cetaphil cleansers are safe and good for all skin types, unlike everyday soaps that can be harsh and irritating. A Cetaphil Cleanser will respect your skin’s normal pH balance and doesn’t damage its natural protective barriers. Especially if you have oily skin, Cetaphil is designed not to clog pores (non-comedogenic).
And, if you have dark spots that could use the best dark spot remover, you must cleanse your face twice a day (in the mornings and evenings). And after cleansing, be sure to pat skin dry. Avoid rubbing your face with your towel to ensure you don’t irritate.
2. Use Cetaphil Day Moisturizer
If you have dry skin, apply Cetaphil moisturizer while skin is still damp. This helps trap moisture and keep your skin soft and smooth. You might think that oily skin doesn’t need moisturizer, but even if you notice that you have excess oil, you still do need to moisturize–even visibly oily skin can still lack water.
Just be sure to use a non-comedogenic formula, as this means it’s specially designed not to clog pores. Cetaphil moisturizers have SPF and they are a great way to make sure you don’t skip sun protection, and SPF15 is the minimum value for adequate daily protection.
Most moisturizers will come with SPF, however, you need to choose the best face cream with sunscreen protection ideal for your skin type.
3. Make sure you apply sunscreen every day
Some people think that Sunscreens are just for hit days, but that’s wrong information. Use sunscreen every day and they will help guard against free radicals induced by UV radiation, which can cause skin damage and aging.
Be sure to seek out for a moisturizer with broad-spectrum UV protection, to protect you from both UVA rays (that cause aging) and UVB rays (that cause sunburn).
And remember, while water resistance helps ensure that your sunscreen doesn’t wash (or sweat) off, extended exposure to the sun requires a second helping of sunscreen—so be sure to read the label and follow instructions for re-application.
4. Use Cetaphil Night Moisturizer
Our skin renews better when we are sleeping so, using a moisturizer before going to bed helps keep your skin hydrated through the night, and will help your skin feeling balanced and smooth when you wake up to face the world.
Most skin care routines will include an evening moisturizer or Serum to aid in skin cell turn over while you are sleeping.
Especially as you approach the over 40’s, your skincare needs the best caring routine for over 40 to keep your skin glowing and as you graciously age. And those of you with sensitive skin that is prone to acne flare-ups, you need the best skincare routine ideal for that sensitive skin.
Cetaphil frequently asked questions
1. Who can use Cetaphil?
A quick answer is that anyone can use Cetaphil products as they are designed to be gentle and effective even on the most sensitive skin. This means that whether you have generally normal skin, or have a skin combination, a condition such as an acne, rosacea or eczema, Cetaphil respects your skin and can provide the cleansing, moisturizing and protection that your skin needs.
2. Why are Cetaphil products suited to sensitive skin?
Cetaphil products are suited for sensitive skin as they are gentle, nurturing and non-comedogenic. As they also have a wide range of cleansers, lotions and face washes, across their growing portfolio of different products, Cetaphil uses formulas that reinforce the skin’s natural protective barrier.
The products are designed to restore compromised pH levels but also respects the skin’s acid-alkaline balance and they only use high-quality ingredients.
Besides, the formulation, Cetaphil is also fragrance-free and hypoallergenic, making it an ideal skincare product for daily use even on the most sensitive skin.
3. What Makes Cetaphil Different from other products?
The Cetaphil team is dedicated to skin health, not superficial fixes. The best part about it is that it is recommended and trusted by doctors and dermatologists.
4. Can I use Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser every day?
Yes, you definitely can use Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser every day! And here’s why using a gentle skin cleanser paired with a good daily skin-care routine is important:
- Maintain a balanced pH level: Combination skin types often suffer from intermittent skin dryness and fluctuating pH levels are an on-going concern with such erratic skin conditions. With Cetaphil, you can moderate and maintain a good balance of alkaline for your skin can fend off rapid skin dryness.
- To for maintaining skin health, particularly for those with sensitive skin you need a steady routine skin care plan, you can count on.
- Cetaphil washes your skin without over-striping it. This is why Cetaphil’s formula is gentle enough for daily cleansing, morning and night.
5. I heard that Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser contains parabens. Aren’t parabens harmful?
Yes! Parabens are harmful when used at a much higher concentration. However, Cetaphil much like all other skincare products who use Parabens, only use them widely as preservatives. What that means is that Parabens are only used cosmetically in small amounts which cannot cause any harm to the skin.