For many years, the sequence in which you apply tinted moisturizer and concealer has been a cause of misunderstanding. You are not alone in questioning if concealer goes on before or after tinted moisturizer.
In general, tinted moisturizer is used before concealer. By using the moisturizer first, you are hydrating your skin. In addition, certain diets may not provide adequate moisture, so applying moisturizer to your face can help keep your skin healthy.
Apply concealer before moisturizer; if you have dark bags under your eyes or other dark blemishes on your face, apply concealer before moisturizer.
First, using a moisturizer might make imperfections more apparent, and nobody wants that! To address the problem, apply a small amount of makeup under your eyes instead of a full face of makeup.
Also, many moisturizers can provide similar coverage as a facial tinted moisturizer, but without the added cost. If the moisturizer covers enough for you, use it before the concealer because the combination of these two products might make for a long morning owing to all the steps in your makeup procedure.
If your moisturizer doesn’t cover as well as a tinted moisturizer, use concealer before the moisturizer. So you use two creams on your face: one to moisturize and one to conceal any flaws.
It’s best to use a concealer before a tinted moisturizer if your tinted moisturizer doesn’t cover well or if your blemishes are darker than your undereye area.
Here are several popular products that use tinted moisturizer before concealer.
1. SPF 20 tinted moisturizer for healthy skin.
You don’t want to use the Neutrogena Healthy Skin Tinted Moisturizer every day. Acne and other skin imperfections may be easily concealed with this full-coverage cream. It contains an SPF of 20 and antioxidants to keep your skin looking young and healthy, while also shielding it from the sun’s rays.
This lotion is hydrating and covers well! This tinted moisturizer from Neutrogena is an excellent choice.
2. Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Aging Perfector Tinted Face Moisturizer
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Aging Perfector Tinted Face Moisturizer helps reduce wrinkle appearance and fine lines. Even skin tone and texture are improved by the tint’s moisturizing properties. Retinol, antioxidants, and vitamins, all of which have been scientifically shown, make the skin look and feel younger, healthier, and more hydrated.
The titanium dioxide in the tint shields skin from UVA and UVB radiation, making it ideal for daily use. Whether you use a fingertip application or a sponge, the hydrating retinol therapy will leave your skin looking and feeling rejuvenated and younger.
3. Clinique Even Better Compact Makeup SPF 15.
A natural look is achieved with the Clinique Even Better Compact Makeup. In addition, it contains vitamins A and E and SPF 15 sunscreen to protect your skin from the sun. Similar to a tinted moisturizer, but with enough coverage to hide imperfections without looking cakey!
This Clinique compact makeup has special moisturizing effects and SPF protection in convenient packaging.
Did Clinique discontinue even better compact makeup?
It is my favorite makeup, but Clinique has discontinued it. I am quite disappointed that they have stopped this makeup that I have worn for more than 20 years and adored.
4. Clinique Even Better Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF15
With oil-free, dermatologist-developed Even Better Makeup SPF 15, you get to see enhanced clarity, skin tone, and age spots without makeup in just 4–6 weeks. It is made for all races.
5. 12-Hour Brightening Primer Tarte Clean Slate
The Tarte clean slate poreless primer contains antioxidants and vitamin C to help lighten any redness or pinkness produced by rosacea or eczema. Others use it under foundation since it is transparent enough to show your natural skin tone, yet it gives your face a gorgeous shine!
This Tarte primer is an excellent option for a smooth, uniform finish with a long-lasting hold.
6. Timeless Smoothing Primer (0.067 oz) Mini
However, if you have oily skin, the Timeless Smoothing Primer oil control formula is better. Opt for the anti-aging version of this primer if you care more about that! Even though it’s marketed as a foundation primer, many people use it as a tinted moisturizer since it gives enough coverage to mask imperfections without making it seem like they’re wearing makeup.
This bareMinerals lotion has SPF protection and helps smooth your skin.
7. bareMinerals Water for Bare Escentuals Silky Face Primer, 1 oz
bareMinerals Water for Bare Escentuals Silky Face Primer creates a smooth canvas for your cosmetic regimen, use an oil-free primer that moisturizes and nourishes dry, flaky skin. The soft-focus filter effectively eliminates small wrinkles and pores. It’s oil, paraben, sulfate, and fragrance-free.
8. Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35.
Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream is an all in one intense moisturizer and foundation. Many users apply this product with their fingers. However, you may use a brush or a beauty blender! This product does not provide full coverage SPF protection. Therefore, apply sunscreen before using it throughout the day!
Also known as “blemish balm,” many individuals mistake this product for their tinted moisturizer, depending on the manufacturer. For a more natural look, wear it on its own or under foundation. Using an eight-color tinted lotion for just four weeks will significantly improve skin moisture and tone.
9. CoverGirl & Olay Simply Ageless 3-in-1 Liquid Foundation SPF 15
The Covergirl and Olay simple ageless 3-in-1 liquid foundation incorporate collagen and anti-aging serum to help reverse sun damage. It is a lightweight liquid that delivers sheer to medium coverage, making it ideal for anybody trying to mask blemishes while looking natural!
Although this product looks like a tinted moisturizer, it delivers more excellent coverage than others. In addition, this 3-in-1 liquid foundation has outstanding moisturizing characteristics and SPF protection!
When applied, the anti-aging foundation rapidly reduces the appearance of wrinkles for a more youthful appearance. You may choose from a range of colors to choose one that best suits your skin tone, as well as conceal dark circles and other imperfections.
10. Total Repair 5 Dry-Touch Invisible Day Moisturizer SPF 15
The L’Oreal Total Repair 5 multi-restorative dry touch invisible day moisturizers are the best way to start your day. This moisturizer protects your skin from damaging elements, including the sun, free radicals, and pollution!
It protects against UVA and UVB rays with SPF 15 and helps prevent skin damage. That’s why I recommend this L’Oreal day moisturizer for improved skincare.
11. Total Repair 5 Protein Recharge Leave-In Conditioner, 5.1 oz
Total Repair 5 Protein Recharge Leave-In Conditioner contains almond oil and protein for smooth, healthy-looking hair. It is a lightweight, creamy leave-in that nourishes hair for everyday wear and tears with 450° heat protection and 97% reduced breakage. It has a refined floral, creamy combination with juicy green overtones.
Beauty guide steps
You’ll learn why wearing makeup every day is best for your skin and how to pick a foundation that works with any moisturizer or sunscreen!
- If you want complete coverage, I highly recommend the bareMinerals BAREPRO liquid foundation, which gives fantastic coverage while being lightweight on the skin! In addition, a sunscreen factor of 30 protects your skin from dangerous UV rays, and an anti-aging serum helps keep wrinkles and fine lines at bay for longer than usual!
- This liquid foundation comes in 12 different hues, so select the right one for you! Also, nothing matches Clinique’s unique moisturizing gel cream as an excellent moisturizer. Its gel-like texture delivers lightweight hydration without feeling oily on the skin.
- If you want a product that will leave your skin looking fresh and refreshed, I highly recommend this Clinique moisturizer!
- I love bareMinerals barePRO Performance Wear Liquid Foundation for its SPF and great coverage. This lightweight liquid foundation delivers modest anti-aging and UV protection with SPF 30.
- To get this look, I recommend the L’Oreal Paris Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream. This hydrating cream will keep you hydrated all day. It also features SPF 20 for sun protection. This BB cream comes in four hues, so pick your favorite!
- An excellent oil-free option is Olay Total Effects Anti-Aging 7-in-1 Tone Correcting CC Cream. This CC cream is excellent for all skin types, including dry, oily, and combination. On all skin tones, it provides a beautiful matte finish. Use this sunscreen to shield your face from the sun’s harmful rays! You may choose between two different hues of this CC cream before you check out!
- Want a tinted moisturizer with SPF 20? Then, try Neutrogena’s Oil-Free Moisture SPF 20 Sunscreen! This moisturizer comes in three hues, so select one that matches your skin tone.
Today, there are over 100 foundations available, but not all have the ingredients our skin need. Also, some foundations have hazardous ingredients that can clog pores and cause breakouts, so shop wisely!
Let’s say you’re looking for the best foundation for acne-prone skin that also has SPF protection. So, depending on your demands, the goods listed above are all fantastic selections. However, regardless of which one you pick, most of them give sheer enough coverage that most individuals require concealer over imperfections if they want extra coverage.
Antioxidants and vitamins A and E, on the other hand, can help delay the onset of premature ageing in sunscreen cosmetics. Avoid relying only on your foundation to shield you from the sun if you will be spending time in the fresh air.
Wear a hat, sunglasses, and proper clothes if you plan on spending more than a few minutes outside. Even if you use the right quantity of sunscreen, you still have the potential to get burnt.
The best approach is to wear makeup over sunscreen because applying sunscreen alone does not provide significant UV protection. Antioxidants, for example, may help your skin in ways other than UV protection. In general, tinted moisturizers should be used before concealer since they provide exceptional coverage and moisture.
IN THIS ARTICLE LEARN ABOUT.....
- 1. SPF 20 tinted moisturizer for healthy skin.
- 2. Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Aging Perfector Tinted Face Moisturizer
- 3. Clinique Even Better Compact Makeup SPF 15.
- 4. Clinique Even Better Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF15
- 5. 12-Hour Brightening Primer Tarte Clean Slate
- 6. Timeless Smoothing Primer (0.067 oz) Mini
- 7. bareMinerals Water for Bare Escentuals Silky Face Primer, 1 oz
- 8. Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35.
- 9. CoverGirl & Olay Simply Ageless 3-in-1 Liquid Foundation SPF 15
- 10. Total Repair 5 Dry-Touch Invisible Day Moisturizer SPF 15
- 11. Total Repair 5 Protein Recharge Leave-In Conditioner, 5.1 oz
- Beauty guide steps