Even the most effective facial dark spot concealer is not good enough when you have to deal with persistent dark spots in the face, but how should you deal with dark spots when you have a party to attend without worrying about embarrassing facial dark spots?
It hasn’t been that long when waking up to horrendous dark spots all over the face used to be my day to day routine until I discovered these best home remedies for removing dark spots from the face once and for all!
While dark spots are one of the most common skin problems dealt by the majority of the over 40-year-olds, you will be surprised to learn that even in our old age, most over the 40s do not know how to tell if they are dealing with dark facial spots or acne discoloration.
Am I Dealing With Dark Spots In Face?
IN THIS ARTICLE LEARN ABOUT.....
- 1 Am I Dealing With Dark Spots In Face?
- 2 What Causes Dark Spot?
- 3 Types Of Dark Spots
- 4 1 Lentigines Dark Skin Spots
- 5 2 Melasma Dark Skin Spots
- 6 3 Pimple Dark Spot Marks
- 7 4 Post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation
- 8 How long does post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation Last?
- 9 Does post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation go away on its own?
- 10 What is the best cream for hyperpigmentation?
- 11 But the question is how do you get rid of post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation?
- 12 What is the best serum for hyperpigmentation?
- 13 So, Do toners get rid of dark spots?
- 14 Best Skin Treatments To Removes dark spots
- 15 Dark spots removal
- 16 So How long does it take for dark spots to fade?
- 17 Best Ways to Fade Dark Spots and Even Your Skin Tone
- 18 Removing Dark Spots
- 19 How to get rid of dark spots With Over The Counter Skin Toner And Cream.
- 20 Dark Marks
- 21 Conclusion To Removing Facial Dark Spots
- 22 What To Look For In The Best Facial Dark Spot Remover?
You are dealing with Dark spots if your skin suddenly begins to show discoloration skin patches which are also known as age spots or black spots.
They are so common in your 40s so much that these facial dark skin spots discolored patches of skin appear in common places like your face, most areas of the shoulder arms known to be exposed to direct sun when you wear short-sleeved dresses, or the back and neck areas where some thick shades of red, brown-ish, or grey skin discoloration begin to overshadow the fairly looking skin.
What Causes Dark Spot?
The majority of the dark spots you deal with in your 40s and over, predominantly begin to appear due to a common skin condition where the oversecretion of skin color also known as melanin – (This is the pigment) responsible for regulating the uniformity color of your skin.
There’s no doubt that the severity of dark spots often varies from one person to the another. You only have to look at their shade concentration and size of the dark spots.
Regardless of their severity, the one thing dark spots have in common for the over 40s – is the anguish and distress they cause for anyone they afflict.
And that begs the question… If dark spots are causing you so much distress and pain, why not look for best home remedies that get rid of facial dark spots instead of buying into dark spots concealers?
Types Of Dark Spots
If you have dark spots also known as aging spots, make no mistake of thinking that all dark spots and skin marks are all the same! The sooner you know what type of dark spots you are dealing with, the better and easier it will be for you to remove those facial dark spots.
The majority of the recommended dark spot removal treatments are general and chances are that if you are not familiar with the kind of dark skin marks you are dealing with, the likelihood of using the wrong dark skin corrector for your skin is very high.
1 Lentigines Dark Skin Spots
You might be dealing with Lentigines type of dark spot if you have noticed them popping up everywhere all over your body and face. Lentigines are also commonly known as liver spots which appear in your old age beginning in the 40s and over.
Lentigines also commonly known as brown spots tend to appear on the skin overnight. If your dark patches of spots are due to sun damage of the epidermal layering, raised brown spots will appear on the skin.
And those tiny dark spots on your skin may appear innocent, however brown patches on the skin can be consequential if not taken care of…
But do not mistake old age spots with brown spots that may appear on the hands overnight… Lentigines is when you have brown spots on your hands that may appear overnight as a result of UV exposure or when your skin suffers from epidermal irritation following the over-use of tanning machines, sun-lounging without proper sunscreen cream
2 Melasma Dark Skin Spots
Melasma usually appears in the facial areas like your forehead and cheek areas. When your skin begins to manifest symptomatic age spots also known as melasma, they will form splotches in the areas which can be challenging to conceal even with the best uneven skin concealer.
3 Pimple Dark Spot Marks
If you have suffered in the hands of pimples, blackheads, and acne, chances of that simple acne breakout to escalate into follicular acne which usually ends up in dark pitted pores that look like a hole.
Though pitted pores that look like a hole do not begin with being dark, normally such acne pore scaring often escalate into dark spot formation around the areas where the pimple popped out.
4 Post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation
Increased melanin production can cause flat skin discoloration anywhere in the neckline including the face. This is what is commonly known as post inflammation hyperpigmentation, also known as PiH.
How long does post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation Last?
3 to 24 months is how long it takes for post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation to fade away if you are using one of these recommended serums with Vitamin C and skin fading creams for an even skin tone.
The challenge for the majority of people with PIH is that they expect that their serum or skin lightening treatment will instantly fade away from their post-inflammation hyperpigmentation skin problem.
The secret is to use a serum with vitamin C over time, and an even tone will begin to show up over time.
So, if you were wondering, how long It can take to fade away hyperpigmentation off your skin, a quick answer is anywhere between 3 to 24 months, but you should also keep in mind that your PIH may take longer than anticipated to fully fade away.
But from 3 months onwards, you will begin to notice a visible change to your skin tone although in some cases it may take longer.
Let’s just say that length of time it takes for PIH to fade away will entirely depend on how severely darkened are the spot compared to the rest of your surrounding skin.
Does post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation go away on its own?
No! Post -inflammation hyperpigmentation does not go away on its own until you begin to apply skin evening toner to make sure that the superficial skin discoloration fades away.
While post-skin inflammation hyperpigmentation can occur in all skin types including in black skin, for caucasian people, post–inflammatory hyperpigmentation will look more visible to the eye and may likely appear as if it will not fade away, but with the right skin lightening cream, you can help remove those dark spots or just make them less permanent.
What is the best cream for hyperpigmentation?
If you have hyperpigmentation, there is plenty of skin fading creams and serums to help you lighten up the skin spots, while also restoring evenly toned skin in the areas where hyperpigmentation patches are visible.
Here Are The Best Skin Lightening Creams for Hyperpigmentation:
|Best Cream Name||Hyperpigmentation Cream Description||Availability|
|Paula’s Choice RESIST Triple-Action Dark Spot Eraser 7% AHA Lotion||Get this product if you need a REMARKABLY EFFECTIVE SPOT LIGHTENING FORMULA–WithTriple-Action. This Dark Spot Eraser uses a combination of 2% hydroquinone exfoliating 7% glycolic acid and antioxidants to lighten those dark spots and superficial skin discolorations while also brightening and fight signs of aging||Available on Amazon|
|Dermalogica Powerbright TRX Treatment Kit.||Minimizes brown spots and discoloration while brightening uneven skin tone.||Available On Amazon|
|EVE LOM White Brightening Cream.||This lotion is Suitable for all skin types, comes highly recommended for those concerned with pigmentation or uneven skin tone and lack of radiance, or to prevent early signs of aging.||Available On Amazon|
|Eucerin EVEN BRIGHTER Pigment Reducing Day Cream SPF30|| |
– Pigment-reducing Day Cream
– Reduces the appearance of hyperpigmentation
– Reduce the appearance of dark spots and uneven skin tone
|Available On Amazon|
- Paula’s Choice RESIST Triple-Action Dark Spot Eraser 7% AHA Lotion.
- Dermalogica Powerbright TRX Treatment Kit.
- Dermalogica Pure Powerbright TRX C-12 Serum.
- EVE LOM White Brightening Cream.
- Eucerin EVEN BRIGHTER Pigment Reducing Day Cream SPF30.
Having dealt with hyperpigmentation at a much aggressive rate, saying that I was anxiously looking forward to a day when I could see the back of PIH is an understatement.
But the question is how do you get rid of post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation?
- Get rid of post-inflammation hyperpigmentation with skincare products rich in Antioxidants: If you want to get rid of PIH and keep it off from recurring while also preventing the obvious epidermal damage that is caused environmental extremes and free radicals, you need creams, skin moisturizers, and serums that are rich in antioxidants. Serums when used carefully, they help in accelerating chapped skin cell turn over, helping your superficial skin discoloration repair itself as it regenerates a supple-looking skin that also looks young and glowing.
- Get rid of hyperpigmentation by boosting Collagen Production: Collagen has a crucial role in maintaining skin elasticity on your skin. Trouble is, as we age, the production of collagen is always in decline. This is why Collagen can be artificially boosted through its natural productions or you can use creams and lotions that have been infused with collagen. It’s important therefore that you find the best serum to use for healthier and firmer skin. With a good even skincare routine that includes a dose of serum, it will help maintain the skin elasticity while also managing hyperpigmentation.
- Get rid of hyperpigmentation by repairing chapped skin damage: With extreme air conditions on the rise, eczema flare-ups are always on the rise. And that’s not all, as dark spots, wrinkles, acne, or blemishes, are also common triggers of hyperpigmented skin scarring which serum with Vitamin C helps to get rid of when used as part of your acne skincare routine.
- Get Rid of post-hyperpigmentation by Boosting your skin’s Sun Defense: Exposing your skin to the direct sunlight without proper sunscreen with SPF can wreak havoc into your epidermal layer of the skin’s protection. Once that damage has occurred, raised skin damage may form from the heat of the sun, which can also escalate into serious damage to the skin. However, if you introduce evening serums and lotions rich in Vitamin C. those particular serums can help you add a much-needed layer of protection and greatly improve your chances to effectively utilize sunscreen’s ability to prevent your skin getting shellacked.
What is the best serum for hyperpigmentation?
There are numerous serums for anyone with post-hyperpigmentation to use inside their skincare routine. Our selection of best serums for hyperpigmentation is based on the best real user reviews which you can check them over here on Amazon.
Here Are The Top Vitamin C Serums for Hyperpigmentation
|VITAMIN C SERUM NAME||AVAILABILITY|
|TruSkin Naturals Vitamin C Serum for Face||Available On Amazon|
|Admire My Skin Dark Spot Corrector & Melasma Treatment||Available On Amazon|
|Radha Beauty Vitamin C Serum||Available On Amazon|
|LilyAna Naturals Vitamin C Serum with Hyaluronic Acid for Face and Eyes||Available On Amazon|
|Foxbrim Radiate Vitamin C Face Serum||Available On Amazon|
|Amara Beauty Vitamin C Serum for Face 20%||Available On Amazon|
|TruSkin Naturals Tea Tree Clear Skin Serum||Available On Amazon|
|TUB Vitamin C Serum for Face with Hyaluronic Acid||Available On Amazon|
|Eva Naturals Vitamin C Serum Plus||Available On Amazon|
|TruSkin Vitamin C-Plus Super Serum||Available On Amazon|
|SeoulCeuticals Vitamin C Day Glow Serum||Available On Amazon|
|MD Complete by Dr. Brian Zelickson Anti-Aging Dark Spot Corrector||Available On Amazon|
|Mad Hippie Vitamin C Serum with Konjac Root||Available On Amazon|
|InstaNatural Vitamin C Serum with Hyaluronic Acid||Available On Amazon|
|Murad Rapid Age Spot and Pigment Lightening Serum||Available On Amazon|
|Murad Advanced Active Radiance Serum||Available On Amazon|
|Lumene Bright Now Vitamin C Dry Skin Cocktail||Available On Amazon|
|Porcelain Skin 20% Vitamin C + E with Advanced Peptides||Available On Amazon|
Facial Cleansing Routine With Facial spot remover for dark spot
Traditionally, facial spot removers for dark spots like toners are highly preferred. While there is an argument to be made for their effectiveness, one of the best removers for dark spots are homemade skin discoloration remover.
And that also has raised a lot of questions relating to what facial cleanser removes dark spots effective?
So, Do toners get rid of dark spots?
Yes! a selection of toners is able to get rid of dark spots when used effectively, and as long as they also contain the most effective ingredients known to actually help to fade off, the dark marks and acne scarring left behind after dealing with recurring pimples and sunburn skin blemishes.
If you are buying into the use of skin toner to remove dark skin spots over numerous home remedies for dark spot removal, make sure you are choosing to use a skin discoloration toner that contains proven skin toning products like glycolic acid which has a reputation for helping speed up the fading of dark acne marks.
Now, not all of you are dealing with a dark spot of your skin, rather a deeply pitted pore scarring from acne, which in many cases a toner isn’t going to do anything to help.
Best Skin Treatments To Removes dark spots
Natural home remedies for removing dark spots are the best, but, If you are wondering and asking, what is the best dark spot remover?
Well, there are numerous ways to target dark spot removal with a potent dose of dermatologically prescribed-or over the counter favorite retinol silky cream to help you get rid of dark spots and signs of aging as approach your over 40s.
A quick search online, and you will also find premium dark spot correctors like Verso Skincare Dark Spot Fix which can cost as high as up to $150 a pop!
But brightening your dark skin discoloration even with hydroquinone and hexapeptide-2 does not cost that much.
So, if you really want to give dark spots a good kick on its backside, using one-two application punch, I would settle for the affordable exfoliating glycolic acid which helps to gradually blot out imperfections off your aging skin fast.
Dark spots removal
There’s nothing wrong in contemplating dark spot removal, however, you got to understand that it is a process and not a quick fix and all dark spots are gone!
So How long does it take for dark spots to fade?
Whether you call it dark spots or hyperpigmented scars, truth is if you have seen them on your skin showing up as patches, they are not permanent. With a clear skincare routine and commitment to getting rid of them, they can easily be slowly faded out.
In fact, published reports indicate that any form of dark skin spot or acne marks can sometimes persist for as long as three to six months long after the acne breakout has been contained and fully healed.
So, regardless of how much anguish or pain those dark spots are causing you today, If you have seen dark skin spot patches develop, acne marks or other dark spots associated with sunburn skin damage to your skin, exercise patience with your dark spot removal of your choice.
The majority of dark spot skin condition improves just with time and a good old consistent dark skin corrector routine.
Best Ways to Fade Dark Spots and Even Your Skin Tone
|Shiseido White Lucent MicroTargeting Spot Corrector|| |
– Skin Friendly Ingredients
– Help To Boost Your Appearance
– Keep It Smooth And Radiant
|Available On Amazon|
|Origins Dark Spot Minimizer||Remove dark spots and superficial skin discoloration effortlessly.||Available On Amazon|
|MDSolarSciences Evening Facial Repair Serum||Get this serum to help you reduce the appearance of redness and discoloration and enjoy a more even-toned skin.||Available On Amazon|
|La Prairie Cellular Swiss UV Protection Veil SPF 50||Prepare to be surprised with this Liquorice based brightening complex serum which helps you control melanin production, improves skin tone and anti-irritant that cause uneven skin tone||Available On Amazon|
|May Coop White Activator.|| |
– MAPLE SAP: It’s made with 100% of Maple Sap, an ingredient that provides moisture and glows.
– CLEAN FACE: Microbubbles remove skin waste and makeup over your face.
|Available On Amazon|
|Channel Le Blanc Day/ Night Intensive Spot Treatment||Get the best spot serum and invigorate your skin’s cell turn over.||Available On Amazon|
Removing Dark Spots
You need the best home remedy or an over the counter dark spots removal skin routine or skin discoloration corrector from Amazon.
A lot has been said on how to remove dark spots caused by pimples. While you may be enticed by tips on removing dark spots overnight, its a hoax!
No skin treatment(home remedy for skin dark spot or the best over the counter skin toner) can get rid of dark spots overnight.
It takes time and effort to remove dark spots caused by pimples, sun skin damage and excessive melanin secretion of skin pigmentation.
Here’s how to remove dark spots at home naturally:
To successfully get rid of dark spots with the help of an effective skin Pigmentation treatment at home…
- STEP 1: Combine equal parts of apple cider vinegar and water in a container.
- STEP 2: Apply the apple cider vinegar mix directly to your dark patches and leave it on the skin for two to three minutes.
- STEP 3: Rinse your dark skin patches using lukewarm water.
Make sure to consistently repeat this easy to follow home remedy for dark spot removal twice daily and you will soon begin to notice sudden changes to your skin discoloration as it begins to lighten up! Keep using the skincare routine until you achieve the desired result.
How to get rid of dark spots With Over The Counter Skin Toner And Cream.
The dark spot also known as age spots are a result of years of excessive skin damage caused by usual suspects namely:
- Neglect of preventative skincare and complementary good healthy habits in your youthful years. ( Excessive smoking, binge drinking and sun skin damage due to not wearing an effective SPF recommended sunscreen cream.
Today, the wheels are off, and those year of neglect are showing off in your 40s in the form of age dark spots. There is no secret that there’s nothing that you and I can do to reverse such damage…but you can mitigate the effect of dark spots with the help of the most effective dark skin spot removal creams and toners.
Here are some of the best products for removing dark spots:
- Best Overall: Murad Rapid Age Spot Pigment Lightening Serum.
- Best Budget: Paula’s Choice RESIST Triple-Action Dark Spot Eraser.
- Best Spot Treatment: Peter Thomas Roth Potent-C Targeted Spot Brightener.
- Best Sunscreen: Fresh Peony Brightening UV Shield Sunscreen.
- Best Serum: Skinceuticals Discoloration Defense.
- Best Alternatives: Kojic Acid fairness peel (natural) and Kojic – Acid Soap
- Glycolic Acid Peel and Glycolic Acid Soap.
- Clinique Acne Solutions.
- Oriflame Optimals Even Out Night Cream.
- Himalaya Clarina Anti-Acne Cream.
- Nomarks Cream
Though known causes of dark marks are said to be acne scars, stretch marks after extreme weight loss, the majority of dark skin marks are due to excessive sun exposure and some cases are due to hormonal changes.
Great news for you if you are in your 40 and over is that the market is flush with an endless list of highly potent dark skin marks removal creams and serums that others have successfully used and got the help they needed to lighten, brighten, and diminish dark areas over time.
Even in the most intimate areas like inner thighs and buttocks or joint skin folds. There are powerful skin creams and toners infused with a concentration of either Salicylic acid or hydroquinone products which are known for getting rid of uneven skin tone and melasma.
And if you are using Hydroquinone cream to remove dark marks and uneven skin tone, the directions on how to effectively use the cream to get the best results fast are prominently printed on the dark skin removal cream package on the outer box where it says “use twice daily or as directed by the doctor
Conclusion To Removing Facial Dark Spots
Removing facial dark spots is not an overnight or somewhat quick skin tone fix as many people tend to make of it.
And if you are in your mid-twenties, now is the best time to begin leveraging best skincare routines to avoid dealing with excessive age spots as early as in the 40s and over…
You need a powerful yet gentle if not a natural Lightening Serum and skin dark marks removal cream to get rid of facial dark spots.
There is no shortage of facial dark spot removal creams specifically formulated in forms of toners, evening serums that works deeply into your skin to lighten and reduce the appearance of dark spots, hyperpigmentation, scars, discoloration, melasma, uneven tones on the face and body, you only have to know which one to pick.
What To Look For In The Best Facial Dark Spot Remover?
Always look for the safest & gentle facial dark spot remover – Though the majority of the skincare pharmaceuticals claim to be Free of harsh chemicals that can harm your skin in one way or the other, it does not hurt to be selective.
Products like Salicylic acid and those with hydroquinone are some of the most highly effective premium quality lightening serum known to be extremely gentle and safe for daily use.
If you have bought any of these over the counter dark spot correctors, you can rest assured that there are no negative side effects every time you use them.