According to the top US dermatologists, using the right lotions, shampoos, and cleansers to help soothe psoriasis skin and to manage the symptoms of psoriasis is very important. Psoriasis infection is a chronic autoimmune disease and not just a normal skin infection. The disease causes the cells to rapidly build up on the skin surface with red inflamed scaly patches that can be very itchy, sore, cracked, and bleeding. Read also: Red Bumps On Buttocks [ Causes, Treatment And How To Avoid Buttocks Acne].
How I Cured My 10 Years Eczema In Just 5 Days With 3 Simple Steps, Skin care, eczema cure, get rid of eczema forever, easy and natural, eczema treatment, eczema remedies, stop eczema forever
|Is Adult Product|
|Number Of Pages||29|
Some remedy for psoriasis according to a dermatologist from over 7 million people in the United States with psoriasis is using both oral and topical prescription drugs, light therapy, over-the-counter skincare products, and vitamin D supplements. Most especially, if you are looking to get psoriasis over the counter products, look for lotions, shampoos, and cleansers that are made for people with dry sensitive skin this is why I will be recommending some of the best soap for psoriasis treatment. This is because the psoriasis infection can easily worsen or get inflamed once it gets irritated. Check out: 25 Best Non-Comedogenic Moisturizers For Dry Skin.
Before I go further, here is a recap of all the best soap for psoriasis treatment:
The rule of thumb for psoriasis sufferers is to be aware of things that can affect the symptoms, for example:
- Mind the way you use products on your skin.
- Mind how often you use products on your skin.
- Avoid having a bath more than once a day and do not use loofahs, cloths, and avoid scrubbing the skin.
Our skin defines us, and also gives us some sort of self-confidence, especially when we are in control of it. This is why it can be so hard if we have any kind of skin condition like a psoriasis skin disease. Having this type of skin problem can totally take away self-confidence because it can make you feel like you haven’t done taking good care of your skin. Read also: Painful Bump On Buttocks Cheek.
There are various types of skin problems that have ways in which it develops on the skin and some of them are Psoriasis and eczema.
This condition has been affecting a lot of people for a long time, much longer than anyone can remember. However, the advancements in science have enabled us to know how it develops as well as the various ways in which it can be treated.
If you have psoriasis or you simply want to know more about psoriasis so you can find out ways of preventing it, then this article can be a complete guide for you. I will cover the whole process of how psoriasis develops on the skin and how you can notice it.
Furthermore, I have put up a list of the top 10 psoriasis soap products that dermatologists recommend for use in treating psoriasis right at home.
What is Psoriasis?
Psoriasis is a skin disorder that causes the skin cells to multiply rapidly, up to 10 times faster than the normal rate. As a result, the skin builds up into several bumpy red patches that are covered in scale-like substances. Psoriasis can be quite stressful but it is very much treatable.
While it is known to appear almost everywhere on the skin, psoriasis is very common in places like elbows, knees, the lower part of the back, and mostly, the scarp. The area of the skin largely depends on the type of psoriasis (which we will talk about in just a bit) as well as the intensity. In most cases, psoriasis affects only a smart/sensitive part of your skin. However, if the case is very severe, it can affect a larger part including the whole body.
You may also like: Clogged Pores On Cheeks – Get Rid Of Clogged Pores According To A Dermatologist.
Is it psoriasis contagious?
No, Psoriasis is not in any way contagious, however, it is possible that it might occur in people of the same family. So, somehow it can be passed genetically.
What are the types of Psoriasis?
There are four main types of Psoriasis that have been recognized. These are types have also different ways in which they are caused. They are guttate psoriasis, erythrodermic psoriasis, inverse psoriasis, and pustular psoriasis. Let’s look at these.
1. Guttate Psoriasis.
The guttate psoriasis is a type of psoriasis that usually starts in childhood until adulthood, it effects are known to intensify as you get older. It causes red spots on the skin, particularly on the torso and limb and the rest of the body is not mostly affected.
How it starts:
The Guttate Psoriasis can be triggered by anxiety, injury to the skin, or another type of skin infection, taking antimalarial medications as well as some respiratory infections. Read also: Folliculitis Treatment Over The Counter.
2. Erythrodermic Psoriasis.
If you have erythrodermic psoriasis, you can experience a lot of redness of the skin, which is also associated with excessive shedding of the scales when you are in bed.
How it starts:
This type of psoriasis can be caused by sunburn as well as other types of illnesses. If you were on a psoriasis treatment and you stopped the treatment, for any reason, you are at risk of having the Erythrodermic psoriasis type.
Note: This type is very dangerous and must be treated immediately because it can lead to other health complications.
3. Inverse Psoriasis
The inverse psoriasis is very common in areas of the skin that are mostly folded, such as the armpits or the groin. This type is less noticeable than the other types mentioned above.
4. Pustular Psoriasis
This pustular psoriasis is a type of Psoriasis that causes the skin to develop red pustules and leads to the development of scaly skin. It usually affects the palms of the hands and the soles of the feet. Read also: Acne Treatment Home Remedies And Everything You Need To Know About Causes.
What causes psoriasis on skin?
Despite the fact that we have mentioned a few ways (more like theories) in which psoriasis can be triggered, no one knows precisely what causes it. However, it is believed that it all comes back to the immune system. Here is a theory: if the immune system is not as strong as it is supposed to be, maybe because of a certain infection, it can cause soreness.
Because of these sores, the multiplication of cells may be triggered on the skin which is psoriasis. New skin cells can grow about every 2 to 3 days. Once this happens, there will be a buildup of old skin scales, which will be silver in color and will be scaly.
What are the symptoms of psoriasis of the skin?
The symptoms that you will experience largely depend on the type of psoriasis that you have, just as I have mentioned under types of psoriasis.
However, here are the most common psoriasis symptoms in a lot of patients:
- Itching and burning sensations around the patches.
- Raised, red, and inflamed patches on the skin.
- Crack and bleeding on dry skin.
- Thick and pitted nails.
- Soreness around the patches.
- Pain and swollen joints.
- Plaques or white like silver scales on the patches.
- The fingernails may have certain disorders, like pitting of the nails or even detaching from the nail bed. This can lead to falling off of some or even all of the nails.
- Scales on the scarp or other parts of the skin like the torso or limbs
- Red skin topped up with scales. It gives you a very disturbing appearance. On top of that, it is uncomfortable as you will experience itchiness and/or pain because the skin can very easily crack and bleed.
What is the treatment for psoriasis?
There is good news for psoriasis sufferers, even though psoriasis can not be cured, there are treatments to help keep it under control. Psoriasis is very much treatable and there are many different types of psoriasis treatments out there to keep it under control.
You may also want to read: Cystic Acne Treatment – How Dermatologists Treat Cystic Acne.
Some psoriasis treatments are made to relieve you of the pain and the itchiness while other psoriasis treatments target the skin to slow down the multiplication of the new skin cells, bringing it back to the normal rate.
Your physician can select the best treatment for you, but before they administer the treatment, your age, psoriasis location on the body, overall health, and other things are carefully assessed to make sure that you are given the right treatment for psoriasis that suits you.
A few ways of treating psoriasis are through retinoid creams, steroid creams, and coal tar as well as skin moisturizers.
Top best soap for psoriasis
The best part about psoriasis is that you can treat it yourself at home, which is after the right products have been recommended to you by your physician. These are soaps that were made for general psoriasis infected skin.
Here are the top best psoriasis soaps
1. SheaMoisture African Black Soap Eczema & Psoriasis Therapy
Best African black soap for psoriasis
This African black soap for psoriasis is made with a blend of natural African herbs and ingredients to target people with sensitive skin and especially for eczema and psoriasis infections. This black soap for psoriasis has helped thousands of people treat their infections and regain self-confidence. The ingredients that make this product my top best psoriasis soap are aloe, lemon balm, and Gotu Kola. The right combination even for the worst of acne skin. It helps with irritations, redness, itching, and soreness by soothing the skin and thoroughly washing away any dead cells. This is definitely a good soap for psoriasis, you should give it a try. Also, try the Sheamoisture African Black Soap Eczema & Psoriasis Body Lotion.
SheaMoisture African Black Soap Eczema & Psoriasis Therapy | Pack of 2 | 5 oz.
$15.66 in stock
- MOISTURIZES: Certified organic Shea Butter and natural ingredients known to promote healing of skin affected by symptoms of eczema and psoriasis
- ANTI-BACTERIAL: Certified organic ingredients such as aloe, lemon balm and gotu kola keep bacteria at bay and work well to fight acne
- SOOTHES: The richness of organic ingredients such as aloe keep skin soothed and protected
- THERAPUTIC: The medicinal properties of ingredients like sea wrack and aloe soothe and alleviate skin irritations
- CLEANSES: African Black Soap gently scrubs the skin leaving it thoroughly cleanses and feeling fresh
2. Tree to Tub Soapberry for Body
The product doesn’t contain harsh chemicals or toxic ingredients, so there’s no need to worry about a detergent harming your skin. Overall, it will always leave your skin feeling moisturized and fresh. Some of the main ingredients that are used in this body wash include Shea butter, chamomile, cucumber, and aloe vera.
Sensitive Skin Body Wash by Tree to Tub - pH 5.5 Balanced Moisturizing Body Wash. Eczema Body Wash for Women and Men, with Wild Soapberries Organic Aloe Vera 8.5 oz
$16.99 in stock
- WILD INGREDIENTS WITH A GENTLE TOUCH: Perhaps it’s the wild grown soapberries in our paraben free body wash that leave you clean and fresh without irritating your skin. Or maybe it’s our Organic Healing Botanicals that nourish, hydrate, and heal, leaving softness without residue! Regardless of why everyone else loves it, obviously our all natural body wash makes total sense for the most delicate skin.
- DIAL DOWN THE IRRITATION: For calm, clear skin, you must keep its acidic pH around 5.5. And that’s exactly why we use soapberry in our sulfate free body wash. We simply added the coconut cleansers, Shea Moisture, and healing Aloe Vera, Cucumber and Chamomile to create the best body wash for sensitive skin. The soothing cleanser your skin has been waiting for is this vegan body wash for women and men.
- GENTLE CITRUS SCENT: You know many brands still contain harsh chemicals, and it’s felt as itchy skin, sticky residue and strong fragrance. So you’ll appreciate knowing our organic body wash for women and men , it’s skincare harvested from nature, including Refreshing Orange Essential Oil. And for the perfect combo, add our face wash and lotion.
- FORGET “NATURAL” AND EMBRACE NATURE: It’s obvious Soapberry For Body is free from Toxins, SLS, Parabens, Silicone, DEA/MEA, Gluten and Artificial Fragrance. It’s Dermatologist Recommended, which means it’s gentle and safe as a baby product. Best of all, this Vegan body wash is Cruelty Free, Fair Trade, and Sustainably harvested in eco-reserves in Taiwan, protecting local habitat.
- TRIAL IT & FEEL [YOU KEEP THE FREE GIFT]: Your order today also comes with a free wild soapberry! This is nature’s purest soap containing fresh saponin for a gentle, cleansing lather that’s naturally soothing. Once you’ve discovered its wild beauty, take your sensitive skin body wash, and melt into a luxurious shower. Love your Soapberry Skin - or we’ll refund every cent.
3. Home Health Psoriasis Medicated Scalp and Body Wash
Best soap for psoriasis scalp and body.
The home health body wash was specially formulated to give you relief from pain caused by psoriasis, by moisturizing your skin and keeping it soft. This product was made for all skin types so do not be afraid if you have sensitive skin. The ingredients that are included in this body wash are carrot juice, aloe vera, jojoba oil, herbal extracts, and allantois.
Home Health Psoriasis Medicated Scalp & Body Wash - 2% Salicylic Acid, 8 fl oz - Relieves Itching, Redness & Irritation from Dandruff & Seborrheic Dermatitis - Non-GMO, Paraben-Free, Vegetarian
$11.09 in stock
- Clinically Effective; Home Health Psoriasis Medicated Scalp & Body Wash contains the active ingredient, Salicylic Acid, which provides effective relief of itching, redness and scaling associated with psoriasis, dandruff and seborrheic dermatitis
- Skin Smoothing; This unique formula combines 2% salicylic acid with a soothing, moisturizing base that includes allantoin, aloe vera gel, carrot oil, echinacea extract, and jojoba oil
- Gentle Cleansing For Head And Body; One bottle does it all! Use regularly to control and prevent symptom reoccurrence and to reveal healthier-looking skin
- Cruelty-Free; Home Health products are never tested on animals, so you'll feel beautiful inside and out; Additionally, Home Health is free of known irritants such as parabens, gluten and mineral oil
- Purely Better; Home Health is a line which includes award-winning personal care formulas specially developed with beneficial botanicals to make your skin soft, nourished and naturally beautiful
4. Eucerin Skin Calming Body Wash
The Eucerin body wash cleanses and calms the skin, just as its name states, while also preventing dryness and itchiness. To ensure that the skin is kept moist, the product contains natural lipids that work effectively.
Eucerin Skin Calming Body Wash - Cleanses and Calms to Help Prevent Dry, Itchy Skin - 16.9 fl. oz. Bottle
$7.97 in stock
- Eucerin Skin Calming Body Wash offers a unique, gentle formula that cleanses, conditions and helps relieve dry, itchy skin
- Omega Oils and other Natural Lipids enriched to help sooth and moisturize dry, itchy skin
- Mild lather rinses clean without leaving any residue
- Fragrance, Soap and Dye-free
- Dermatologist recommended brand
5. Cetaphil Restoraderm Eczema Calming Body Wash
Best psoriasis body wash for responsiveness.
Recommended as one of the best body washes for psoriasis skin, the Cetaphil restoraderm gives a protective barrier to the skin, allowing the skin to be more responsive to different types of skin therapy. The best part about this product is that it doesn’t contain parabens, fragrances, or any other harsh chemicals, so it will not irritate your skin.
Cetaphil Restoraderm Eczema Calming Body Wash, Soothing Relief 10-Ounce (Pack of 2)
- Gently cleanses
6. Aveeno Active Naturals Daily Moisturizing Body Wash
Containing oatmeal proteins and lipids for hydration, the Aveeno body wash is probably the best psoriasis body wash out there. It has a creamy formula that is gentle on the skin, which makes the product suitable for people with sensitive skin.
Aveeno Active Naturals Body Wash - Daily Moisturizing - Net Wt. 33 FL OZ (975 mL) Per Bottle - Pack of 2 Bottles
|Is Adult Product|
Find out about: Hormonal Imbalance.
7. Wild Naturals Eczema & Psoriasis Body Wash
Best body washes for psoriasis and eczema.
This body wash was specially made for people with eczema and psoriasis. It has a formula that is highly concentrated in ingredients like manuka, which is basically a healing ingredient. It also contains an aloe vera which makes the skin feel smoother and more radiant.
Wild Naturals Eczema Body Wash : With Manuka Honey + Aloe Vera, for Sensitive Skin, Unscented, Anti Itch Healing Psoriasis Soap, Dry Skin Relief, Moisturizing and Sulfate Free
- SOOTHING RELIEF - Our first ingredient is organic aloe vera, not water like most skin care products. Aloe penetrates deep into skin to speed healing, and helps reduce swelling and inflammation. Cehami flower extract is included for natural pain and itch relief.
- FOR SENSITIVE SKIN - perfectly pH balanced at 5.5 - just like your own skin - that means it wont strip vital oils or disturb your skins natural barrier function - called the acid mantle - which is your skin's natural defense against the environment. It also helps maintain your moisture balance to help control flare ups. Use it daily on your face, hands and feet - everywhere, before you apply cream or lotion.
- FRAGRANCE FREE - Made without harsh chemicals: no sulfates, no SLS (Sodium Lauryl Sulfate), no dyes or harsh preservatives (parabens). For men and women. Safe for kids and baby. Non-medicated, so use as often as needed. Cruelty free and no animal testing.
- MANUKA HONEY - Is a powerful moisturizer packed with a unique blend of vitamins, minerals and amino acids. Honey seals in moisture to heal and protect dry, damaged skin. But manuka honey has unmatched healing properties and is the most active honey on earth - found only in New Zealand. Great for rosacea redness, dermatitis and cracked, red, inflamed itchy or irritated skin.
- OUR GUARANTEE - If you are in any way not satisfied with this product, please contact us for a full refund. We do ask that you try it for 30 days, while not using regular soap. You'll be happy you did!
8. Aleavia Lavender Body Cleanse.
Although this product wasn’t specifically made for psoriasis, it does treat itchiness and prevent dryness, which is literary the main symptoms of psoriasis. It contains lavender, coconut oil, aloe vera, as well as other essential oils combination to make your skin feel great after every wash.
Aleavia Orchid Body Cleanse
- Clean your whole body and make your skin as smooth as silk Make your hair beautiful, add moisture and control frizz when used as shampoo Stabilize pH and eliminate body odor Improve the appearance of burns and fresh scars Soothe and calm body eczema Soothe and calm body psoriasis and keratosis Reduce sun spots
9. SkyOrganics 100% Pure African Black Soap Moisturizing Body Wash
Also known as the miracle cleanser, the SkyOrganics is a genuine liquid black soap that has its origins in Africa, it contains carefully selected ingredients for hydrating the skin. Besides psoriasis, this product is great for acne, eczema, and many other skin conditions.
Liquid African Black Soap (8 oz) Black Soap Face & Body Wash Authentic African Black Liquid Soap Wash from Ghana African Black Soap Face Wash African Face & Body Wash - Vegan Cruelty-free
$11.95 in stock
- Contains: 1 x 8 fl oz bottle of Liquid African Black Soap by Sky Organics.
- Authentic African Black Soap: Sky Organics Liquid African Black Soap is made with skin loving ingredients like moisturizing coconut oil and vitamin E.
- Cleanses Skin: Made with skin-purifying plantain skin ash, African Black Soap is a face and body wash that cleanses and soothes skin to leave it feeling soft and refreshed - without the fragrance or harsh ingredients that can irritate skin.
- Black Soap for Body & Face: Our Liquid African Black Soap can also be used as a face wash for oily or blemish-prone skin types to help combat the look of blemishes.
- Responsibly Made African Black Soap: Our African Black Soap Bar is responsibly sourced in Ghana and is 100% vegan and cruelty-free.
10. Defense Soap Tea Tree Oil Body Wash
Best body soap for psoriasis, eczema, acne, and body odor.
This is a body wash that is exactly 100% organic, non-GMO as well as vegan. Containing natural tree oil and eucalyptus oil, the defense body wash was specially formulated to deal with Psoriasis and other skin conditions like fungus, itch, and even body odor. The product is free of fragrances, preservatives, and harsh chemicals, making it perfect for all skin types.
Defense Soap Tea Tree Oil Body Wash Gel 8 Oz - Eco Friendly Flex Pack with Spill Proof Self Sealing Valve
- NEW FLEX PACK | New packaging is easy-to-squeeze with a self-sealing spill-proof valve. Also uses less plastic than a standard bottle.
- CLINICALLY PROVEN NATURAL TEA TREE OIL AND EUCALYPTUS OIL provide a broad spectrum of benefits effective against bacteria and fungus. Together they defend against Ringworm, Athletes Foot, Body Odor, Foot Odor, Acne, Jock Itch, Toenail & Nail Fungus, Yeast, and other Common Skin Irritations
- 100% NATURAL, NON-GMO, and VEGAN INGREDIENTS. Defense products contains no synthetic fragrances, no preservatives, no petroleum products, no triclosan, no sodium lauryl sulfate, no chemical detergents, and no animal testing. Pharmaceutical quality and specially formulated for sensitive skin
- PROVIDES A SMOOTH, RICH CREAMY LUXURIOUS LATHER. The richness of the lather is important because rich lather penetrates the skin's pores more effectively. Defense's specially designed proprietary blends deliver these natural ingredients deep into the skin's pores with a high-quality yet deeply penetrating lather
- MOISTURIZES AND SOOTHES ITCHY, SCRATCHY, DRY, INFLAMED SKIN. Infused with Coconut, Jojoba, and Olive Oils to provide healing and moisturizing properties that invigorate and revitalize the skin. Hypoallergenic and safe. Formulated for quality, consistency and longevity
Get help with: What Helps With Redness From Acne.
11. Dove DermaSeries Gentle Cleansing Body Wash
Best moisturizing body wash for psoriasis.
The last on our list is the Dove gentle body wash. This product was manufactured specifically to deal with dry skin, which is why it is a great solution for minimizing the effects of psoriasis. It helps to keep the skin moisturized well moisturized, it is also more moisturizing than many other products.
Dove Fragrance-Free Body Wash, for Dry Skin, 15.8 oz
- Caring, mild body wash for itchy skin that’s severely dry
- Hypoallergenic, fragrance-free and soap-free body wash
- Top to toe expertise for severely dry skin
- 10x more nourishing than a regular body wash
- Mild body wash for dry skin, tested with dermatologists
Having psoriasis may seem like you have a lot of work to do, but it is actually sometimes easy to maintain. The best way is to develop a washing routine. This ensures that the skin is kept moisturized for longer, reducing the dryness
Do not be tempted to scratch the skin, even when the itch is just too much to resist. Once you scratch, you are at high risk of worsening the situation and even causing a new infection.
IN THIS ARTICLE LEARN ABOUT.....
- 1 How I Cured My 10 Years Eczema In Just 5 Days With 3 Simple Steps, Skin care, eczema cure, get rid of eczema forever, easy and natural, eczema treatment, eczema remedies, stop eczema forever
- 2 What is Psoriasis?
- 3 Is it psoriasis contagious?
- 4 What are the types of Psoriasis?
- 5 What causes psoriasis on skin?
- 6 What are the symptoms of psoriasis of the skin?
- 7 What is the treatment for psoriasis?
- 8 Top best soap for psoriasis
- 9 1. SheaMoisture African Black Soap Eczema & Psoriasis Therapy
- 10 SheaMoisture African Black Soap Eczema & Psoriasis Therapy | Pack of 2 | 5 oz.
- 11 2. Tree to Tub Soapberry for Body
- 12 Sensitive Skin Body Wash by Tree to Tub - pH 5.5 Balanced Moisturizing Body Wash. Eczema Body Wash for Women and Men, with Wild Soapberries Organic Aloe Vera 8.5 oz
- 13 3. Home Health Psoriasis Medicated Scalp and Body Wash
- 14 Home Health Psoriasis Medicated Scalp & Body Wash - 2% Salicylic Acid, 8 fl oz - Relieves Itching, Redness & Irritation from Dandruff & Seborrheic Dermatitis - Non-GMO, Paraben-Free, Vegetarian
- 15 4. Eucerin Skin Calming Body Wash
- 16 Eucerin Skin Calming Body Wash - Cleanses and Calms to Help Prevent Dry, Itchy Skin - 16.9 fl. oz. Bottle
- 17 5. Cetaphil Restoraderm Eczema Calming Body Wash
- 18 Cetaphil Restoraderm Eczema Calming Body Wash, Soothing Relief 10-Ounce (Pack of 2)
- 19 6. Aveeno Active Naturals Daily Moisturizing Body Wash
- 20 Aveeno Active Naturals Body Wash - Daily Moisturizing - Net Wt. 33 FL OZ (975 mL) Per Bottle - Pack of 2 Bottles
- 21 7. Wild Naturals Eczema & Psoriasis Body Wash
- 22 Wild Naturals Eczema Body Wash : With Manuka Honey + Aloe Vera, for Sensitive Skin, Unscented, Anti Itch Healing Psoriasis Soap, Dry Skin Relief, Moisturizing and Sulfate Free
- 23 8. Aleavia Lavender Body Cleanse.
- 24 Aleavia Orchid Body Cleanse
- 25 9. SkyOrganics 100% Pure African Black Soap Moisturizing Body Wash
- 26 Liquid African Black Soap (8 oz) Black Soap Face & Body Wash Authentic African Black Liquid Soap Wash from Ghana African Black Soap Face Wash African Face & Body Wash - Vegan Cruelty-free
- 27 10. Defense Soap Tea Tree Oil Body Wash
- 28 Defense Soap Tea Tree Oil Body Wash Gel 8 Oz - Eco Friendly Flex Pack with Spill Proof Self Sealing Valve
- 29 11. Dove DermaSeries Gentle Cleansing Body Wash
- 30 Dove Fragrance-Free Body Wash, for Dry Skin, 15.8 oz