Having crepey skin can cause a lot of stress, especially when you do not know how it started in the first place. If you are not familiar with crepey skin, it is basically thin skin that has developed wrinkles like crepe paper, which is why it is called “Crepey Skin”.
What is the best over the counter cream for Crepey skin?
- StriVectin TL Advanced Tightening Neck Cream
- Epionce Intensive Nourishing Cream
- SkinCeuticals A.G.E. Interrupter
- Crepe Erase Intensive Body Repair Treatment
- Vichy Ideal Body Skin Firming Lotion with Hyaluronic Acid
- Replenix Neckletage
- Gold Bond Ultimate Strength & Resilience Skin Therapy Lotion
- Perricone MD Cold Plasma Plus+ Neck & Chest Broad Spectrum SPF 25
- Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair Serum
- Restore & Renew Face & Neck Multi-Action Night Cream
Below is the complete list of the 10 best lotions for crepey skin:
However, having wrinkles doesn’t necessarily mean that you have crepey skin. You should know that there is a difference.
What differentiates simple wrinkled skin to crepey skin?
- It is the fact that crepey skin tends to affect large surface areas.
- Because of this, crepey skin is a lot more noticeable than the common wrinkles.
- Also, crepey skin has a much thinner appearance and a fragile nature.
Which part of the skin does it develop?
As I mentioned earlier, crepey skin develops in large skin surface areas, I am talking about the elbow area, the lower part of the stomach, and, most of all, the thighs. These are the most common places for crepey occurrence.
So, what causes crepey skin?
Now that I have defined what crepey skin is, it is very important you know how it is caused. There are a few factors that can lead to crepey skin, all of which will be covered right in this article.
Furthermore, we will look at how you can prevent it as well as the various treatments that can help to reduce the crepey parts and eventually cure you.
Also, I have prepared a top list of 10 best lotion for crepey skin on arms and legs, carefully selected products, focusing primarily on body lotions, which you should definitely try out today. So, scroll on.
Causes of crepey skin
- This is, without a doubt, the most common cause of crepey skin, hence the ranking. Besides giving us light, the sun comes with other benefits.
- Naturally, the sun produces ultraviolet rays. It is these rays that are responsible for breaking down collagen and elastin in skin cells.
- This helps the skin to stay tight as well as free from unnecessary wrinkles. However, once the fibers have broken down, it can lead to loose skin.
- The result is that the skin becomes thin and develops wrinkles- which in this case is the crepey skin.
- It is very natural for the skin to develop wrinkles as we grow older. At that stage, wrinkles are almost inevitable. I said almost because I have seen old people with younger-looking skin. All in all, it is about how far you are willing to go to keep your skin wrinkle-free even when you get older, like a good diet for instance.
- When we get older, the skin produces less collagen as well as elastin. Keep in mind, these two are the fibers that keep your skin feeling smooth.
- Factors like pollution, anxiety, and smoking cigarettes can lead to signs of aging that are visible. Yes, anxiety can affect your skin in the long run- smile more to age slowly.
Lack of moisture.
- I’m sure you have probably heard this one before; it is very important to keep your skin moisturized throughout the day. Have you ever experienced the crepey skin that seems to come and go when the weather changes? If you have, then the reason was probably that the crepey skin was caused by a lack of moisture.
- When your skin is dry, it becomes very vulnerable. This is also the reason why you experience facial breakouts when you have kept your face dry for a long period of time, especially after you have used a facial cleanser.
- Besides the use of cleanser, another thing that can cause your skin to dry up is Hormonal changes.
- All these factors combined can make the crepey skin thicker which can make it much tougher to treat.
Can I prevent crepey skin?
While crepey skin may be a lot to handle, it is actually very easy to prevent as well, which is why some people go throughout their lifetime without experiencing crepey skin. As always, better safe as sorry.
From the causes that I have described above, here are some of the ways you can prevent the occurrence of crepey skin.
To prevent sun damage.
Sun damage is the number 1 cause of crepey skin so it should most likely be the first to be prevented.
You should always make sure that you keep away from the sun at all times. If you are planning to go out and you know for sure that you will be exposed to the sun, I suggest that you put on some sunscreen. You should also wear sun-protective clothing. If you do not know this type of clothing, you can look it up on amazon.
While we can’t say that aging is preventable, the effects of aging on the skin can be treated and minimized throughout your lifetime.
There are no supplements that were specifically made to reduce crepey skin. However, balanced is the best way to keep your skin healthy. A balanced diet is rich in antioxidants which can enrich the skin as well as the rest of your body. Nutrients like Vitamin C is particularly important for skin health because it is responsible for the body’s production of collagen.
One thing you should know: while antioxidants in a balanced diet can help to reduce and prevent crepey skin, it doesn’t happen overnight. It is a process that is gradual so you should be expecting results in the long run, a couple of years.
How can Crepey skin be treated?
While crepey skin is treatable, the type of treatment you will receive depends on your skin type, the cause of the creping, and the location of the creping on your body. With these factors, your dermatologist will most likely pick the perfect treatment for you.
As such, there are various ways of treating crepey skin. Either one you choose, the sooner that the crepey skin is fixed, the better it will be for you. I will explain 2 treatments to you.
1. Ultrasound (Ulthera).
The ultrasound treatment is basically a skin tightening procedure that uses ultrasound which is targeted at a particular location of the crepey skin. This is done to heal the tissues that are underneath the skin, which causes some of the cells to break down hence stimulating the growth of collagen underneath. As I said earlier, it is this collagen that is responsible for tightening your skin.
However, the Ultrasound treatment is mostly used on the face because it is uncomfortable on the arms or the legs, in this case.
2. Over the counter treatments.
If your crepey skin has been caused by sun damage, then perhaps it is time to create a skincare routine. Go for products that contain ingredients like retinoids, alpha hydroxy acids, or peptides. These encourage new cell growth.
On your arms or legs, I suggest going for a body moisturizer that has ingredients like alpha hydroxy acid like AmLactin. A few of these products will be mentioned in my top 10 lists of best lotion for crepey skin on arms and legs below.
The 10 Best Lotion For Crepey Skin On Arms And Legs
Now for the part that you have been waiting for. Here are the top 10 best lotions that were made to reduce wrinkles.
1. StriVectin TL Advanced Tightening Neck Cream
StriVectin TL Advanced Tightening Neck Cream, 1.7 Fl Oz
$71.25 in stock
- Visibly tightens, lifts and firms the neck for a more youthful looking profile
- Smooths the appearance of lines and wrinkles on the neck and décolleté and targets crepey texture
- Strengthens the skin barrier to prevent moisture loss and diminishes the look of discoloration on the décolleté
- Source: The NPD Group/ U.S. Prestige Beauty Total Dept./Specialty, Neck/Décolleté Exclusive Cream Item Dollar Sales. Excludes hybrid face/neck products. Jan 2017–Jun 2020 Combined.
Many users of this product have said that it leaves the skin feeling softer and firmer. When you are applying this product, make sure that you keep facial movements minimal for better results.
This product was originally made in the US and has spread worldwide since.
2. Epionce Intensive Nourishing Cream
Epionce Intensive Nourishing Cream 1.7oz
$75.34 in stock
- Intensive Nourishing Cream, 1.7 oz.
The name of this product itself sounds like its great. It contains fruit extracts, rich in Vitamin C as well as peptides that are responsible for stimulating skin regeneration, thereby giving you an even-toned complexion and, of course, smooth skin.
Besides that, it absorbs very fast into the skin.
3. SkinCeuticals A.G.E. Interrupter
Skinceuticals A.g.e. Interrupter Mature Skin Treatment, 1.7-Ounce
- Helps correct thinning look of mature skin
- Prevents glycation process and improves severe signs of aging
- Formulated with blueberry extract
- Alcohol and dye-free
This is one of the most recommended products for people with crepey skin caused by aging factors.
The interrupter uses the power of blueberries and has the ability to make your skin look younger for longer by literary resetting the clock of your skin.
As if that’s not enough, the product is noncomedogenic and Phthalate-free.
- Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion With Pump Vs. Avene Hydrance Rich Hydrating Moisturiser
4. Crepe Erase Intensive Body Repair Treatment
Crepe Erase – Intensive Body Repair Treatment
- REPLENISHES AND NOURISHES SKIN – Contains special ingredients like Shea Butter, rich in Omega-6, Omega-9 and Vitamin E, to replenish and nourish your skin.
- EXCLUSIVE TruFirm COMPLEX – Designed to help promote healthy collagen and elastin and improve the look of aging skin.
- INTENSE MOISTURIZER – Helps to fight the effects of all seasons, especially the dry winter, by providing concentrated moisture.
- LIGHT CITRUS SCENT – An invigorating aroma makes this product pleasant to use. Use - Apply a marble-sized amount onto dry skin,Massage upward on affected area(s) up until 1 minute or fully absorbed,For best results, use consistently on exfoliated skin, Rinse with warm water, Pat dry
- SUITABLE FOR ALL SKIN TYPES -– Dermatologist tested and Recommended for all types of skin, whether it's oily, dry, or combination.
As the name states, this product was specially made to erase crepe and it removes even the toughest crepey. It contains Shea Butter that is rich in Omega-6, Omega-9, and Vitamin E.
5. Vichy Ideal Body Skin Firming Lotion with Hyaluronic Acid
Vichy Ideal Body Lotion & Serum-Milk with Hyaluronic Acid, Body Cream for Dry Skin, 13.5 Fl Oz
- 48 hours of continuous hydration
- Increases elasticity and smoothness
- Improves radiance and evens skin tone
- Skin appears more luminous
The manufacturers of this great product utilized the same ingredients that are found in facial skin care. These are ingredients like hyaluronic acid and 10 essential oils. This gives your body the same radiance as your face.
6. Replenix Neckletage
Replenix Neckletage,1.7 oz
$61.60 in stock
- Replenix necklet age has been developed with the most innovative and effective neck beautifying treatment ingredients to help firm and rejuvenate skin that has lost definition with age, even skin texture and tone, and protect from future damage
- Features a biomimetic ceramide complex that helps to support the skin barrier and improve the skin's appearance of elasticity and texture
- All Replenix and Replenix CF formulations are non-comedogenic and can be incorporated into your existing skin care routine
The Neckletage was made to remove wrinkles mainly on the neck, as the name states. It also moisturizes the skin and still retains the moisture for a long time thereby preventing the occurrence of further crepey skin.
7. Gold Bond Ultimate Strength & Resilience Skin Therapy Lotion
Gold Bond Ultimate Cream Strength and Resilience, 4 Ounce Body Lotion for Aging Skin, Helps Skin Look Smooth
- For aging and mature skin.
- Contains 7 plumping moisturizers.
- Feel more resilient and improve overall appearance of aging skin.
This is probably the cheapest product on my list, just in case you are on a low budget. The Gold Bond can provide about 80% of visible improvements in the skin texture in just under 5 days of use.
8. Perricone MD Cold Plasma Plus+ Neck & Chest Broad Spectrum SPF 25
Perricone MD Cold Plasma Plus+ Neck & Chest Broad Spectrum SPF 25 1 oz
$71.58 in stock
- YOUTHFUL RESULTS - Formula for the neck and chest dramatically smooths crepey, fragile skin making it look more youthful.
- PROVEN RESULTS - 87% of consumers felt firmer skin around the neck, chest and decollete.
This product removes crepey, moisturizes the skin, and leaves it feeling smooth. It contains SPF 25 and it is free of parabens, sulfates, and phthalates, making it suitable for almost everyone.
9. Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair Serum
Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair Anti-Wrinkle Retinol Serum with Hyaluronic Acid & Glycerin - Anti-Aging Facial Serum for Wrinkles & Dark Circles, 1 fl. oz
$14.99 in stock
- 1-fluid ounce tube of Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair Anti-Wrinkle Serum with Retinol. In clinical trials, 100% of women experienced noticeable results in just one week of use
- Lightweight, silky retinol serum absorbs quickly to help smooth fine lines and texture, brighten and even skin tone, and fade deep, stubborn wrinkles, including crow's feet
- Retinol SA continuously renews skin, helping to smooth wrinkles fast and diminish the look of age spots
- Anti-wrinkle serum contains Glucose Complex, a Retinol SA booster, which accelerates the skin's surface activity for fast results
- Hyaluronic Acid adds line-plumping moisture to help hydrate, replenish, and rejuvenate the look of skin
This serum contains hyaluronic acid which is known for its line-plumping moisture that gives the skin a younger-looking appearance. What else? It comes at an affordable price.
10. Restore & Renew Face & Neck Multi-Action Night Cream
No7 Restore & Renew FACE & NECK MULTI ACTION Night Cream 50ml
|Is Adult Product|
This cream, restore and renew the face and neck is enriched with calcium, amino acids, and ceramides which all act to tighten the skin and leave it smoother and softer.
From what has being said, crepey skin can is either a sign that your skin needs proper care or old age is kicking in. I do not recommend just buying any cream, I recommend you also check the ingredients to make sure is right for you. You can also read one of my Best Skin Routine For the ’40s so you can maintain healthy and younger-looking skin.
If you are experiencing regular dry skin, you read about the Best Non-Comedogenic Moisturizers For Dry Skin which can also help your skin stay moisturized.
IN THIS ARTICLE LEARN ABOUT.....
- 1 What is the best over the counter cream for Crepey skin?
- 2 What differentiates simple wrinkled skin to crepey skin?
- 3 Which part of the skin does it develop?
- 4 Causes of crepey skin
- 5 Can I prevent crepey skin?
- 6 How can Crepey skin be treated?
- 7 The 10 Best Lotion For Crepey Skin On Arms And Legs
- 8 1. StriVectin TL Advanced Tightening Neck Cream
- 9 2. Epionce Intensive Nourishing Cream
- 10 3. SkinCeuticals A.G.E. Interrupter
- 11 4. Crepe Erase Intensive Body Repair Treatment
- 12 5. Vichy Ideal Body Skin Firming Lotion with Hyaluronic Acid
- 13 6. Replenix Neckletage
- 14 7. Gold Bond Ultimate Strength & Resilience Skin Therapy Lotion
- 15 8. Perricone MD Cold Plasma Plus+ Neck & Chest Broad Spectrum SPF 25
- 16 9. Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair Serum
- 17 10. Restore & Renew Face & Neck Multi-Action Night Cream