We all want our skin to shine and stand apart, this is because having a healthy, smooth, and great skin makes us feel confident in our appearance. Having it the other way round makes one feel like they are losing their guard, and feeling so down when experiencing skin conditions like acne, psoriasis, or any type of skin problems. For this reason, I have always chosen to use the best body lotion for glowing skin to keep my skin supple and always looking smooth, and shinning.
The skin is always the first thing anyone sees in you, it gives anyone the first impression about you even before they even hear you talk, so you want to look your best.
In this article, I will take a look at glowing skin, mainly focusing on how you can make your skin glow. Later on, I will show you the list of the top 10 body lotion for glowing skin, that will enable you to maintain the glowing effect for your skin for longer.
When you take care of your skin, people are most likely to notice you. As such, I can guarantee if you practice the techniques and use the products that are explained in this article, people will at some point be asking how you achieved such perfect skin. So let’s get to it.
Below is the list of all the top 10 best body lotion for glowing skin:
First of all, having skin that glows means that you have to keep the skin hydrated and moisturized more regularly. There are various methods you can use to achieve a glowing skin effect. These techniques need persistence and patience, but you can definitely get good results when you develop them into a routine.
Did you know? Things like lack of sleep, anxiety, and your diet can be able to take away the radiance of your complexion. Once you develop a healthy lifestyle, your skin will glow. This is how most people tend to tell the type of person you are just by looking at your skin, although it is almost never the case.
What Causes Glowing Skin
Glowing skin may come naturally if you have done your homework correctly or followed the right glowing skin procedures. The two main causes or procedures for glowing skin are; Cell renewal and Circulation.
The older we get, the more longer it takes for cell turn-over, causing the skin to become dull and lose those reflective advantages. Some of the things that cause the cell turnover to take a long time instead of the normal 28 days when we are younger include age, poor diet, health, lack of sleep, hormonal changes, and medication.
Good blood circulation helps skin to glow and shine making it one of the factors for glowing skin. Things like exercise will help increase circulation by increasing blood supply to the skin. Also, it helps to regulate temperature which clears out toxins through sweat.
How to get skin that glows
As I pointed out earlier, there are techniques you can practice to increase the radiance of your skin. There are about 7 remedies for glowing skin.
Hydrate your skin.
Hydrating is probably the most important step when you want to enrich your skin and your overall health. If the skin is not well hydrated, it results in a loss of skin complexion. Once the skin develops skin dryness, it becomes very vulnerable to issues like wrinkle skin and even psoriasis skin.
To keep your skin hydrated, make sure that you apply moisturizers much regularly. In no time, you will get used to the feeling and it won’t seem like a lot of work.
Some moisturizers provide the skin with more hydration benefits than others. Also, lotions are considered to be more hydrating as compared to oils, serums, or other formulas.
Eat antioxidant-rich food.
To keep your skin hydrated, stay away from a diet that will rob the skin of its essential oils, or not hydrate the skin enough. Yes! Everything you eat has some effect on the appearance of your skin. I recommend that you stack up on fruits like grapes and berries. These fruits have polyphenols such as ellagic acid and resveratrol properties help protect DNA and maintain healthy cell cycles. The same benefits are achieved by consuming nuts like walnuts or pecans.
The resveratrol also helps to shield the skin from the harsh sunlight (UV rays), that often cause sun damage on the skin, leading to other skin complication.
Develop a skin cleansing routine.
I’m sure you have heard this one before, cleansing your skin using either home remedies for deep cleansing your skin. This is very crucial due to the benefits of cleansing your skin which contributes to improving skin radiance and overall complexion.
To be more specific on this, you should know what cleansing is. Cleansing is a method of washing your face with a product made for facial cleansing to keep the skin healthy.
Cleansing will take care of the dirt, oils as well as makeup residuals that may have accumulated on the skin over time, making the skin look dull. Once you cleanse, you can pretty much feel the changes immediately.
When you are cleansing your skin, massage your skin in circular motions to spread the product across your whole face, preferable from the forehead and working your way down for at least a minute to two.
You should do this in the morning when you wake up and in the evening just prior to getting some sleep, and it is much easier than you think. There are so many facial cleansing products out there, but I suggest you try the Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser.
Exfoliate your skin.
Exfoliating your skin is another method of boosting your skin’s glow. What exfoliating does is to remove the skin’s outer layer that consists of dead cells, leaving your skin smoother and clearer. Exfoliating skin helps slow the aging process and cell turn-over, and to do this, you will need a peel-off mask, clay mask, sheet mask, and cream mask.
There are two types of exfoliating methods:
- Face scrub method – Face scrub can be done once or twice a week
- Face peel method – This can be done once a week for sensitive skin and about 3 to 4 times for the other types of skin.
Consider brightening your skin tone.
Next time you want to buy a skin lightening product, go for the ones that are marked “brightening” and/or “lightening effect”. You may want to read: Best Toner For Skin Lightening.
I am talking about applying a product that will eliminate the dullness of your skin by suppressing the skin enzymes that are responsible for the production of pigment. In other words, look for one of the best skin bleaching products out there to help your skin glow.
Vitamin C one of the best anti-aging ingredients helping your skin maintain and promote an even skin tone, glowing skin complexion, and smooth skin. Adding vitamin C ingredients your skin routine helps the skin gain more from all the benefits of vitamin C. On top of that, Niacinamide (or vitamin B3) slows down the production of pigment, and help to remove dark spots.
Also, ingredients like alpha-arbutin have the ability to breakdown the pigment to provide a balance for light and dark places on your body, giving you a more even skin tone.
How can I make my skin clear and glowing?
Use shimmery lotion.
Shimmery lotion ensures that you get a boost of glow just as soon as you apply it. There are products called “glotions” which give your skin instant moisturizing benefits, associated with a boost in skin radiance.
The product contains ingredients like glycerin and hyaluronic acid, these products make the skin appear smooth and soft. For best results with such lotions, smooth your face with the lotion before applying any makeup.
Call a dermatologist.
With the availability of different beauty products, you may want to visit a dermatologist. Trying to tackle issues like acne or hyperpigmentation on your own may not be the best idea for glowing skin.
While you can actually do it, there are extreme cases where you just can’t do it by yourself. In other words, know when it is time to visit the dermatologist.
A dermatologist can recommend the best skincare products that you need based on your age, cause of skin condition as well as your type of skin to ensure you get the right product.
Top 10 body lotions for glowing skin
1. Himalaya Herbals Cocoa Butter Intensive Body Lotion
This product gives your skin the moisture and the hydrating benefits it needs. As it is in the name, the Himalaya lotion contains cocoa butter, which makes the skin very soft after application. It provides a lot of hydration and it gets absorbed into the skin very easily as compared to other products. The only downside is that it also contains parabens.
Himalaya Cocoa Butter Intensive Body Lotion for Extra Dry Skin, Deeply Moisturizes, Nourishes and Softens, 13.53 oz (400 ml), Packaging May Vary
- WITH COCOA BUTTER & WHEAT GERM: To replenish lost moisture and Vitamin E, helping restore skin elasticity for healthy-looking skin
- IDEAL FOR EXTRA DRY SKIN: Skin-softening emollients with antioxidants help nourish and moisturize dry and damaged skin
- ABSORBS QUICKLY & NON-GREASY: Enjoy the sensory pleasure of a silky-smooth, daily body lotion that is mild and won’t leave you feeling oily
- DEEPLY MOISTURIZES, NOURISHES & SOFTENS: Includes special, carefully selected herbs that combine Ayurveda with science, to give you healthy-looking skin and renewed beauty
- CRUELTY FREE: We care about our furry friends. That’s why we never test our personal care products on animals
2. St. D’Vence Winter Edition Body Lotion
Containing ingredients like Australian tea tree oil, French shea butter, Italian olive oil, almond oil, jojoba oil, aloe vera, and vitamin E. The St D’Vence lotion was specially formulated to work with dry skin and give it that glow. It is non-greasy and it has a pleasant fragrance when applied to the skin and it is 100% vegetarian.
ST. D'VENCÉ Body Moisturiser For All Skin Types Enriched With Aloe Vera & Vitamin E - (300 ML)
- Ultra-lightweight lotion
- American aloe vera
- Multi-layered deep penetration process
- Retains skin glow
- It's formulated and designed by ST. D'VENC
3. Parachute Advanced Coconut Milk Deep Nourish Body Lotion
This is a great product with a combined 100% natural moisturizers. It penetrates the skin to give it deep nourishment while making your skin glow on the outside. It is the best solution for dry skin and it gets absorbed into the skin at a very fast rate. However, it contains parabens hence it is not suitable for people with sensitive skin.
Parachute Advansed Deep Nourish Body Lotion (400ml)
- Parachute Advance Body Lotion Has Unique Cocolipid Formula Which Goes 10 Layers Deep** In The Skin To Boost Your Natural Glow
- Nonsticky Fast Absorbing Formula With Unique Moisture Lock Technology That Prevents Moisture Loss
- Enriched With Coconut Milk 100% Natural Moisturizing Properties, Nourishes The Skin Making It Soft And Supple All Day Long!
- Ideal For Extra Dry Skin. For Men
- Contains 100% Natural Moisturizers* That Nourish From Deep Within. Helps Retain Skins Natural Moisture. And Its Fragrance. Youd Love It !
4. Pond’s Triple Vitamin Moisturizing Body Lotion
The pond’s body lotion is another good product for moisturizing your skin and making it shine. It contains vitamin B3, E, and C. All these vitamins work together to nourish your skin from deep within. People love this product because it is suitable for all skin types and it is quite affordable. Just like the product above, it contains parabens.
Ponds Ponds Triple Vitamin Moisturising Lotion, 300ml by Hul
- GENERAL TRAITS Organic Type Natural Applied For Moisturization & Nourishment Quantity 300 ml Application Area Body Skin Type Dry Skin Type Lotion Ideal Usage All Day Organic Yes Ideal For Women, Men
5. Vaseline Intensive Care Deep Restore Body Lotion
Providing a lot of skin moisturizing benefits, this product is a unique blend of microdroplets of Vaseline jelly and glycerin to revitalize dry, itchy skin. As such, this product is suitable for daily usage, and for long-lasting results. It gets absorbed quickly and it is available in travel-friendly sizes, so you can shine wherever you go.
Vaseline Intensive Care Deep Restore Body Lotion, 400ml
- Vaseline Intensive Care Deep Restore Body Lotion Moisturizes Dry Skin From The First Application
- Vaseline Deep Restore Body Lotion Is Fast Absorbing For A Nongreasy Feel
- Contains Pure Oat Extracts And Microdroplets Of Vaseline Jelly To Lock In Moisture
- Moisturizing Body Lotion, Clinically Proven To Restore Dry Skin .
- Daily Body Lotion Best For: Dry Skin, Rough Skin
6. Nivea Nourishing Lotion Body Milk
Another product suitable for daily usage is this Nivea lotion. It keeps the skin moisturized for 48 hours after you apply it on your skin leaving the skin with a great fragrance. The downside of this Nivea is that it contains parabens.
Nivea Nourishing Lotion Body Milk Richly Caring For Very Dry Skin, 400ml
$16.99 in stock
- The formula with Almond oil softens the skin
- The actual product may be different than product image
- Long-lasting softness and protection
- Give your very dry skin intensive care
7. Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion
The Aveeno lotion is clinically proven to improve overall skin health withing first-time use to about two weeks, particularly on dry skin. Also, it contains oatmeal which is responsible for helping in the restoration of the skin’s pH and gives your skin a protective barrier that locks moisture on your skin.
Aveeno Daily Moisturising Lotion 300 ml
- Combines the concentrated goodness of naturally active, finely-milled oats with rich emollients
- Clinically proven formula goes beyond 24 hour miniaturisation to replenish the skin's natural barrier function
- Significantly improves the condition of dry skin in just two weeks
- Absorbs quickly
- Leaves skin looking and feeling soft, smooth and healthy
8. Biotique Bio Wintercherry Rejuvenating Body Nourisher
Allow me to introduce you to the lotion that was made to love your skin. This product contains an herbal formula that was made from pure winter cherry, sunflower, safflower, musk root, and almond oil. It distributes moisture to the whole part of your body and it is suitable for all skin types. However, it has a strong fragrance which some people find to be too much.
Biotique Bio Wintercherry Lightening & Rejuvenating Body Nourisher, 190ml
- Surajmukhi tail (helianthus annuus oil), kusumbhi tail (carthamus tinctorious oil), sarsoan tail (brassica nigra oil), badam tail (prunus amygdalus oil), jatamansi (nardostachys jatamansi), ashwagandha (withania somnifera), lotion base q.s.
9. Lotus Herbals Safe Sun UV-Protect Body Lotion
This product provides a protecting barrier to the skin, protecting it from harmful UVA/UVB rays of the sun. It gives the skin a perfect balance of pH, making the skin healthy and more radiant. It contains SPF and may take a longer time to absorb into the skin.
Lotus Herbals Safe Sun Uv-Protect Body Lotion For Dry Skin, 250 Ml
- Day long moisturizing
- Prevents dark spots
- Protection from UVA/UVB
- Whitens the skin
- Normal to dry skin
10. Dove Nourishing Secrets Glowing Ritual Body Lotion
The Dove nourishing lotion gives your skin the right amount of moisture that it needs, which makes it more radiant and soft at any time of the day. In addition to that, it also possesses soothing properties along with a sparkling floral scent which will make you fall in love with it. It may irritate the skin especially if you have sensitive skin. It does contain parabens.
Dove Glowing Ritual Body Lotion, For all skin types 250ml
- Type :Dove Glowing Ritual Body Lotion
- Types :Suitable for all
- Brand: Dove
IN THIS ARTICLE LEARN ABOUT.....
- 1 Glowing skin
- 2 What Causes Glowing Skin
- 3 How to get skin that glows
- 4 How can I make my skin clear and glowing?
- 5 Top 10 body lotions for glowing skin
- 6 1. Himalaya Herbals Cocoa Butter Intensive Body Lotion
- 7 Himalaya Cocoa Butter Intensive Body Lotion for Extra Dry Skin, Deeply Moisturizes, Nourishes and Softens, 13.53 oz (400 ml), Packaging May Vary
- 8 2. St. D’Vence Winter Edition Body Lotion
- 9 ST. D'VENCÉ Body Moisturiser For All Skin Types Enriched With Aloe Vera & Vitamin E - (300 ML)
- 10 3. Parachute Advanced Coconut Milk Deep Nourish Body Lotion
- 11 Parachute Advansed Deep Nourish Body Lotion (400ml)
- 12 4. Pond’s Triple Vitamin Moisturizing Body Lotion
- 13 Ponds Ponds Triple Vitamin Moisturising Lotion, 300ml by Hul
- 14 5. Vaseline Intensive Care Deep Restore Body Lotion
- 15 Vaseline Intensive Care Deep Restore Body Lotion, 400ml
- 16 6. Nivea Nourishing Lotion Body Milk
- 17 Nivea Nourishing Lotion Body Milk Richly Caring For Very Dry Skin, 400ml
- 18 7. Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion
- 19 Aveeno Daily Moisturising Lotion 300 ml
- 20 8. Biotique Bio Wintercherry Rejuvenating Body Nourisher
- 21 Biotique Bio Wintercherry Lightening & Rejuvenating Body Nourisher, 190ml
- 22 9. Lotus Herbals Safe Sun UV-Protect Body Lotion
- 23 Lotus Herbals Safe Sun Uv-Protect Body Lotion For Dry Skin, 250 Ml
- 24 10. Dove Nourishing Secrets Glowing Ritual Body Lotion
- 25 Dove Glowing Ritual Body Lotion, For all skin types 250ml